cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Hilton HHonors Visa credit card being discontinued soon??

tag
TitaniumCash
Regular Contributor

Citi Hilton HHonors Visa credit card being discontinued soon??

I logged on this evening to pay my Citi credit card bills when I noticed a message at the bottom about Hilton's recent announcement. It sounds like they are ending their relationship with Hilton and "accounts in good standing will be moved to a new card account." I just got this card 2-3 years ago and now it's going away. Smiley Sad

Does anyone have any more information? They say they will provide more information as it gets closer to the end of the year...

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
happypill
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Hilton HHonors Visa credit card being discontinued soon??

It was announced a short while ago that Hilton would be moving to Amex only (right now they split between Amex and Citi).  There was some activity around there with people trying to get a final sign-on bonus before the Citi cards are discontinued.  I don't recall if Citi announced which card they would be converting it to yet.  If I recall, the relationship terminates at the end of the year.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the information.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you don't already have it, the AmEx Surpass Hilton card is a much better Hilton card anyway. Higher sign up bonus and higher points (12 pts/$ at Hilton properties; 6 pts/$ groceries, gas, drugs; and 3 pts on everything else). It also gives you Gold status whereas Citi was only silver.

I'm hoping to combine my Citi Hilton with my Citi AA card rather than get a new Citi card. They really don't have any others that appeal to me right now.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.