Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Hilton Honors Reserve card

tag
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Citi Hilton Honors Reserve card

Good Afternoon everyone!

I have been reading up on the benefits of the the new Citi Hilton Reserve card and am liking what I read.  Has anyone applied for this card?  If so, I would greatly appreciate it if you share some info regarding the app process.  I am considering app'ing for this card in the next 6-9 months, and I'm curious as to what the credit criteria is.

I know YMMV, but at this stage, I'm just looking for generalities.  I'm between 690-700 FICO scores, and feel that I need to do a lot of research before I forego a precious HP on my credit report.

Any/all information is greatly appreciated.

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 1 of 61
60 REPLIES 60
pkhuu78
Contributor

Re: Citi Hilton Honors Reserve card

apped yesterday and it wasn't an instant approval.  I called in to check the status about an hour later and I was asked to hold for a representative.  A nice lady answered the phone and asked me to verify my address and DoB and SS and asked me to hold again.  She came back on in about 2 mins and told me that my application has been approved for $8.5k and that I would get the card in the mail in about a week.

-Experian pulled in California

-I have 2 inquiries within the last 6months

-AAoA is 4.2

-BK back in 2004

it seems like all major banks are okay with bk after 7 years.

......NPSL.........14.5 K............30 K..........20 K.........10 K...............8 K.............7.5 K..........
Message 2 of 61
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

thanks for this information!  I really appreciate it.

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 3 of 61
pkhuu78
Contributor

Wow, this is crazy.  I just got an e-mail from Citi confirming the approval of the application.  The weird thing is that it showing that my CL is $4.5k not 8.5k as I was told be CSR.  At the same time, I thought that this is a Visa Signature with minimum CL of 5K it even stated that on the application.  Does anyone has a good number for me to call to Citi in regard to CL?

......NPSL.........14.5 K............30 K..........20 K.........10 K...............8 K.............7.5 K..........
Message 4 of 61
RHAL
Regular Contributor

The back door number that I routinely use is: 800-444-2568. Could you let me know what they say? I am curious to find out if they offer this card in non-visa signature version.

My wallet? AMEX PR Gold NPSL, AMEX HH 1k, Citi Hilton Reserve VS, CSP 9.2k, Chase Freedom 6.7k, Chase Sapphire 5.2k, USAA AMEX 2k, Cap 1 Cash 1.2k, BBRZ MC 500, Barclaycard Apple 1.5k, Barclay Ring 4.5k, Bank Americard 123 5.5k, NFCU Cash 14k

Starting Score: (9/27/10)TU:602 EQ:567
Current Score: TU:670 EQ:670 EX: 706 chase pull
Goal Score: TU:700 EQ:700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

My wallet? AMEX PR Gold, Citi Hilton Gold, Cap 1 Cash, BBRZ MC, Barclaycard Apple, Bank Americard Cash
Message 5 of 61
pkhuu78
Contributor

@RHAL wrote:

The back door number that I routinely use is: 800-444-2568. Could you let me know what they say? I am curious to find out if they offer this card in non-visa signature version.

Rhal, thank you for the numer.  But i called the status line number again and they confirmed with me that it is indeed a Visa Signature.  There is no platinum version of this card.  As for the CL goes, she told me that it is a computer initial approval.  She told me to call the number on the back of the card when i receive the card and discuss with them about the CL.  I am still very confused, but i have read that Citi is known to give out Visa Signature cards that are less than 5k.  I will follow up with them when the card is here.  

Message 6 of 61
DrJim
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for this number.  I applied last week and had not heard anything, so I just called them.

Approved for a HHonors Visa Signature Card with a $14K limit.  I think I need to run $1K through it for 30,000 points or so.  I travel and use Hilton a lot, so this is helpful  They have already mailed the cards so I should see them next month.

Again, thanks for the number.

Starting Score: TU 672 EQ 654 10/20/09
Current Score: TU 775 EQ 783 EX 799 (PLUS)
AMEX Delta Platinum $35K, NFCU Visa Signature $30K, HHonors Reserve Visa $35K, WF $13.5K, IHG Rewards Club MC $25K
Message 7 of 61
RHAL
Regular Contributor

Hey, you are very welcome guys. I just recently used that number myself to do a pc from the gold card to the new reserve card. It all went through without any problems, but they told me it is a signature card and my credit line will remain the same. I currently have a cl of 2000 on it. So that is why I was asking. I am too afraid to go back and ask them about it in case they notice it is under 5k and cancel.  lol It makes more sense if they allow signatures under the 5k though.

My wallet? AMEX PR Gold NPSL, AMEX HH 1k, Citi Hilton Reserve VS, CSP 9.2k, Chase Freedom 6.7k, Chase Sapphire 5.2k, USAA AMEX 2k, Cap 1 Cash 1.2k, BBRZ MC 500, Barclaycard Apple 1.5k, Barclay Ring 4.5k, Bank Americard 123 5.5k, NFCU Cash 14k

Starting Score: (9/27/10)TU:602 EQ:567
Current Score: TU:670 EQ:670 EX: 706 chase pull
Goal Score: TU:700 EQ:700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

My wallet? AMEX PR Gold, Citi Hilton Gold, Cap 1 Cash, BBRZ MC, Barclaycard Apple, Bank Americard Cash
Message 8 of 61
icetrap06
Regular Contributor

RHAL...I just got approved for my Gold Card on Recon....now I'm second guessing not going for the reserve...how long did you have yours before requesting PC?  

NFCU cashRewards (22k) | Discover IT (8k) | AMEX EveryDay (5k) | AMEX Delta Gold (5k) | CSP (5k) | Marriott Rewards Premier (5k) | Citi Hilton Reserve(5k) | AMEX SPG (2k)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scores: EQ - 670 | TU- 742 | EX - 691
Message 9 of 61
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the high initial limits!!!!!!! Wow!!!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 10 of 61
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.