Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Hilton Update - Appears they are allowing PC's

tag
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Hilton Update - Appears they are allowing PC's

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
That would stink SpecFile, not your fault you went for a ride in the Citi and ended up at Amex HQSmiley Wink
It would stink but I really can’t blame AMEX.  
Message 11 of 48
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product. - Link

Seems like they changed the language.  It used to say something to the effect of lifetime yadda yadda you are only eligible for this bonus if you have never received a bonus for this card.  A bit o' Googling shows that it seems to have begun recently but targeted offers may make you eligible.  I stand corrected.  Thanks!

Ya.  I'd be very wary of any credit card fine prints.  They can change it whatever they want.  Some folks try to find the "lifetime" wording.  But a blanket "who have or have had this product..." coverage will just kill all.

So if you can get the bonus this year, do not want for next year, or the "lifetime".  Some may never come.  But still stay selective and only pick the gems.

Message 12 of 48
MAZDA3
Frequent Contributor

I’m wondering about the AMEX blacklist too since I have a Citi Hilton card. People have weasled back in through the authorized user route, and not been cancelled. Or have I misunderstood this loophole?
Message 13 of 48
mkhan1093
Established Contributor

My plan is to PC to the Dividend card - it's no longer available for signup but I believe you can get it through a PC. I'm going to do this before the switch to Amex so I don't get disqualified for the Amex Hilton signup bonus. Can't hurt to have another 5%-er Smiley Wink

Message 14 of 48
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

My question on this whole deal is what happens with my free night for $10,000 spend? I have already hit my $10,000 spend for the year, but I don't normally get my free night until February. If I close or PC this card I assume my night is forfeited? 

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 15 of 48
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Just off the phone with Citi call center (overseas) people.  They said, this Citi Hilton card will be converted to AmEx Hilton on 1/1/2018.  They do not accept any product change to any of the other Citi cards.  I'll try again next week when I can reach the call center in US.  

Definitely I do not want to get converted to AmEx Hilton.  We can still apply for another AmEx Hilton card and get the bonus.  The conversion will kill it.  Not much loss since this card is only two years old.

Contacted another US based Citi rep.  The Citi Hilton card can't be converted to another Citi card.  There must be some agreement between City and AmEx to prevent City from taking the future AmEx customers.  

I'll cancel this card.  Then wait for another opportunity to get on Citi wagon.  Goodbye for now....

Message 16 of 48
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

When this goes to Amex I think there will be some automatic limit decreases for me. Pretty sure Amex won't want me to have 92k in limits with them!

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 17 of 48
NRB525
Super Contributor

@BronzeTrader wrote:

Just off the phone with Citi call center (overseas) people.  They said, this Citi Hilton card will be converted to AmEx Hilton on 1/1/2018.  They do not accept any product change to any of the other Citi cards.  I'll try again next week when I can reach the call center in US.  

Definitely I do not want to get converted to AmEx Hilton.  We can still apply for another AmEx Hilton card and get the bonus.  The conversion will kill it.  Not much loss since this card is only two years old.

Contacted another US based Citi rep.  The Citi Hilton card can't be converted to another Citi card.  There must be some agreement between City and AmEx to prevent City from taking the future AmEx customers.  

I'll cancel this card.  Then wait for another opportunity to get on Citi wagon.  Goodbye for now....

Yeah, I need another non-bonus AMEX not at all. Saving slots for potential future apps, and still trying to figure how to reduce my AMEX revolvers.

I'll monitor the situation in the next few months, but by December, if no PC available within Citi, my no-AF Hilton Citi is the next card to close. Really don't need it anyway, even if it were to go to a Double Cash, and certainly don't need it crowding out $13k of Revolver slot space on AMEX.

I already have the AMEX Surpass, which was a nice upgrade for the 100,000 Hilton points a few months back with no HP.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 18 of 48
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@BronzeTrader wrote:

That is strange as I had two options for PC's..  Is it a YMMV type thing? as I certainly do not lie not saying you said that btw ..  I will go back to the recorded conversation if needed... Strange as DOC had a few scenarios of people being able to PC and alot not being able to then kinda went away a few weeks ago I had no offers then tried today and had two..  Possibly due to me having so much available credit at amex, doubt they have access to their systems that I am offered this?  Doubtful just trying to figure out why I had the offers and I will hold them to it due to recorded line if they try to back peddle

Possible HUCA it until you get someone willing to work with you?

another edit BTW mine was a us based CSR that took my call earlier today

another edit she also metnioned it woudl be another card number mostly guessing due to being a MC, but would be same open date and account history

Message 19 of 48
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Peteyglad wrote:

When this goes to Amex I think there will be some automatic limit decreases for me. Pretty sure Amex won't want me to have 92k in limits with them!

That would be my scenario as well if it happened as I am up there with you in CL's with them, not quite as high but if this was to happen about 10k behind you.

Message 20 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.