Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Hilton Update - Appears they are allowing PC's

tag
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Hilton Update - Appears they are allowing PC's

Sometimes it is just easier to get the card closed.  Unless the card is really old and has some sentimental reasons.  My relationship with Citi has been thin.  I can still apply for many of its cards.  I do not mind losing $14,000 CL.  Time to trim it.

Message 41 of 48
red259
Super Contributor

If this card is going to Amex then I guess I should go ahead and close it now. I don't need another amex revolver and I already have an AA card and citi double cash. I have an amex surpass already for my hilton gold staus. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 42 of 48
MAZDA3
Frequent Contributor

Went ahead and closed my Hilton card today. I don't feel like dealing with the uncertainty of what's going to happen with the accounts. 

Message 43 of 48
red259
Super Contributor

@MAZDA3 wrote:

Went ahead and closed my Hilton card today. I don't feel like dealing with the uncertainty of what's going to happen with the accounts. 

I'm going to close mine next month. Its a bit annoying since I have only had the card for several months so have more time before the full year is up but like you I just don't feel like dealing with it. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 44 of 48
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

@red259 wrote:

@MAZDA3 wrote:

I'm going to close mine next month. Its a bit annoying since I have only had the card for several months so have more time before the full year is up but like you I just don't feel like dealing with it. 

What you have to lose by closing it?

Message 45 of 48
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Called Citi to product change it.  Was told no.  So cancelled right away.  No point to keep it and block my AmEx Hilton bonus opportunity.

Message 46 of 48
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Update I basically have no patience and can admit this. Haven't heard back from the back office about the PC whether they were going to allow it since card was under a year and knowing AMEX was taking it over and having 70k exposure with Amex in just revolvers I called up and closed the Citi Hilton card today.  I tried to move the CL and it was a no go the guy was basically an arse and didn't seem the slighest bit concerned with me closing it.  He said you won't be able to use it anymore and I stated well thanks I won't be able to use it anmore in 2 and a half months anyways or something to that extent and he closed it right there.  Whole conversation lasted a minute at tops.  They are probably getting alot of people calling to close the card is my guess.  Anyways would the PC of gone through?  Not sure, but didn't want my last revolver slot (5 I still believe is true) to be taken with a Hilton card and possibly lose any future sign-up bonus.  Just irks me they wouldn't let me move any of the CL.  Oh well only have 13k I believe in CL's left with Citi, not much between 2 cards.  Also closed two other cards in the last two weeks being Discover 4.5k CL (horrid apr and card wasn't growing thus worthless) and my Ritz (couldn't justify AF as CSR is better and had card over two years so might re-apply when the 3 night bonus comes again as eligable for it).

Message 47 of 48
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Just got this tonight in an email

Your Citi Hilton Honors Visa Signature account is being transferred to American Express

Hi, Greg. We are writing to let you know that Citi's co-branded credit card relationship with Hilton is ending. Your Citi® Hilton Honors™ Visa® Signature® account will be transferred to American Express on January 30, 2018 ("the Replacement Date").

Please note, in some situations, your account may not be transferred to American Express. If this is the case, we will contact you with additional information.

Importantly, you should continue to make purchases with your Citi Hilton Honors Visa Signature Card. All purchases made with your card up until the Replacement Date will continue to earn Hilton Honors Bonus Points, consistent with applicable terms and conditions. We value your loyalty as a Citi cardmember and remain dedicated to servicing you through this transition.

What does this change mean for my rewards?
You should continue to use your  Citi Hilton Honors Visa Signature Card until the Replacement Date. All of your earned points will remain in your existing Hilton Honors account and your Hilton Honors account number will not change.

All purchases made with your Citi Hilton Honors Visa Signature Card before the Replacement Date will earn Hilton Honors Bonus Points, consistent with applicable terms and conditions.

All purchases made with your Citi Hilton Honors Visa Signature Card before the Replacement Date will count toward achieving Hilton Honors Gold status consistent with applicable terms and conditions.

All purchases made with your Citi Hilton Honors Visa Signature Card in 2017 will count toward achieving your anniversary bonus of 10,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points, which will be awarded in 2018 if you have met your spending requirements for 2017, consistent with applicable terms and conditions. After 2017, anniversary bonuses will no longer be available on your Citi Hilton Honors Visa Signature Card.

For questions regarding your Citi Hilton Honors Visa Signature Card rewards prior to the Replacement Date, please call 1-866-517-7795 (TTY: 1-800-325-2865 for hearing and speech impaired services only).

You should continue to use your Citi Hilton Honors Visa Signature Card until the Replacement Date
You should continue to use your Citi Hilton Honors Visa Signature Card for purchases until the Replacement Date. You'll also have access to your Citi Hilton Honors Visa Signature Card at Citi Online until the Replacement Date. Before that time, please download and save any billing statements for your Citi Hilton Honors Visa Signature Card that you would like to keep for your records.

If you automatically pay your Citi Hilton Honors Visa Signature Card bill using AutoPay, please be aware that any payments scheduled to occur on or after the Replacement Date will be cancelled, and these payments will not be credited to your American Express card. Also, because your new credit card will have a new card number, you will need to provide your updated account information to all merchants with whom you have recurring automatic payments (such as your utility provider, mobile phone provider or fitness center), card information stored on-file, digital wallets, and any bill payment services you may use to pay your credit card bill.

In November, American Express will be sending information about your new card, including your new card’s terms, conditions, benefits, and where to send payments after the Replacement Date. On the Replacement Date, any balance on your Citi Hilton Honors Visa Signature Card account will transfer to your new account with American Express.

Citi and American Express will continue to honor the terms of any promotions in which you are participating. But any promotional offers linked to your Citi Hilton Honors Visa Signature Card, such as balance transfer offers or balance transfer checks, that have not yet been activated, will expire on January 15, 2018. After January 15, 2018, you will not be able to take advantage of new offers.

How does this change affect my Citi Hilton Honors Visa Signature Card benefits?

All the benefits of your Citi Hilton Honors Visa Signature Card will remain available to you until the Replacement Date.

You will retain your Citi Hilton Honors Visa Signature Card travel and shopping protection benefits for purchases made using your Citi Hilton Honors Visa Signature Card before the Replacement Date – including Worldwide Car Rental Insurance, Trip Cancellation & Interruption Protection, Lost Baggage Protection, Worldwide Travel Accident Insurance, Damage & Theft Purchase Protection, Citi® Price Rewind, Extended Warranty, and 90 Day Return Protection. Citi Hilton Honors Visa Signature Card travel and shopping protection benefits will not apply to purchases made on or after the Replacement Date.

You may file a claim on and after the Replacement Date, in accordance with the current benefit terms, but only for purchases made before the Replacement Date using your Citi Hilton Honors Visa Signature Card. For questions regarding your Citi Hilton Honors Visa Signature Card benefits prior to and after the Replacement Date, including how to file a claim or about the status of an existing claim, please call 1-866-918-4670 (call collect internationally at 1-312-356-7839). Please note that you will not be able to file a claim online after January 29, 2018.

Travel & Emergency Assistance or Roadside Assistance Dispatch Service benefits will be available to you until the Replacement Date.

For questions regarding your Citi Hilton Honors Visa Signature Card benefits, please call 1-866-918-4670 (call collect internationally at 1-312-356-7839).

If you have any questions about your Citi Hilton Honors Visa Signature Card account's transition to American Express, please don't hesitate to call us at 1-866-517-7795 (TTY: 1-800-325-2865 for hearing and speech impaired services only). You can also visit our FAQ pages at HiltonCardFAQ.
Message 48 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.