cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Hilton to Amex Hilton Conversion - Dangit!

tag
mkhan1093
Established Contributor

Re: Citi Hilton to Amex Hilton Conversion - Dangit!

I received it in the mail, but I didn't call to close the Citi card. I think though that you won't be receiving the Amex card if the account was closed. You might want to chat with an online rep with Amex/Citi.

Message 11 of 18
red259
Super Contributor

Wait when does the Citi Hilton switch to Amex? When do I need to cancel by? 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 12 of 18
mkhan1093
Established Contributor

@red259 wrote:

Wait when does the Citi Hilton switch to Amex? When do I need to cancel by? 

You can cancel now. The change will happen in January.

Message 13 of 18
red259
Super Contributor

I just saw this article and now I am reconsidering holding on to the reserve card. If I spend 10k on the reserve I get a free night. If I spend 15k after Jan 30th I get a second free night. The amounts of 10k & 15k overlap after Jan 30th, so I could hold on to the card and spend 15k after Jan 30th and get both the free night from the old citi promise and the free night from the new amex promise. I only got the reserve card a few months ago so I would have awhile to make the needed spend. Anyone else considering holding the card for this reason? I also have the amex surpass so i'll be PCd to this card and don't believe i'll be able to get the signup bonus in the future. 

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/double-dip-hilton-free-night-certificates-citi-hilton-reserve-product...

;
Message 14 of 18
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

I saw that still alot of spend for two free nights?  Just my opinion

Message 15 of 18
red259
Super Contributor

Two free nights can be worth well over 1k depending on how you redeem them, but yea I wouldn't do it if I was planning on doing other apps. Still for someone who is going to stay in the garden and has a large amount of unbonused spend it could be worthwhile. I'm probably not going to go for it though upon reflection. 

;
Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm struggling with this as well!

My issue:  I have the Citi Hilton with no AF, but I also have the Amex Hilton with AF.  I was told my citi would transition to the Amex without AF and now have TWO amex hilton. Amex also told me i couldn't PC out of the amex hilton with no AF since i have the only other option already.  i'm pretty bummed out!

Message 17 of 18
Viva-LV
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm struggling with this as well!

My issue:  I have the Citi Hilton with no AF, but I also have the Amex Hilton with AF.  I was told my citi would transition to the Amex without AF and now have TWO amex hilton. Amex also told me i couldn't PC out of the amex hilton with no AF since i have the only other option already.  i'm pretty bummed out!

Planning on keeping my Citi HHR open to get the NF AE HHR card in January.  I have the Surpass (to become the Ascend), and will transfer my credit limit from my NF AE card to my Ascend card (in 13 months).  Citi wouldn't move my cl to my Citi AA, so, I didn't close it.

Am Ex | BOA | Chase | Citi | Disc | PenFed | USB | 400K Club
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.