cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Hilton to Amex Hilton Conversion - Dangit!

Moderator

Citi Hilton to Amex Hilton Conversion - Dangit!

So yep it is official I might already be shafted from the Citi to Amex Hilton conversion.  I called in a week or two ago to cancel my Citi hilton card once it was confirmed by Citi that cards were going to Amex.  Called that day an axed it.. Guess what I got in the mail today?  Paperwork from Amex with all the terms of my conversion to their Amex card.  Hopefully since I cancelled it they don't still plan on sending me a Hilton card to me?  They wasted no time on grabbing all the customers they could and sealing the deal with Citi behind our backs thanks Citi Smiley Sad...  

 

So what are all your thoughts even though I cancelled the Citi Hilton card will I be getting the Amex card or will my cancellation propogate so Amex doesn't open an account for me with them?  It isn't suppose to happen till the end of January so one would hope they got more up-to-date info from citi prior to that.  They gave me the APR and all the other terms and conditions about 10-20 pages of crud I just threw in the drawer as didn't want to read it all.  As far as I am concerned my ACCOUNT IS CLOSED AND HOPEFULLY WILL NOT BE WItH AMEX.  Whether Amex thinks this is the case I have no clue.  That would put me at 5 revolvers with Amex and about 70k in credit with them.  I wanted to leave a revolver open for the future and also CL available if there is ever another revolver I want with Amex.  

 

Anyone else receive this today?

Chase | Citibank | Amex | BofA | PenFed | NFCU | Discover | Barclay's | US Bank | Fifth Third Bank | FNBO
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Hilton to Amex Hilton Conversion - Dangit!

In more news, Citi is also eliminating Hilton as a TY points partner on 12/13.

AMEX Schwab Investor Card
AMEX Everyday Preferred
AMEX Ameriprise Platinum
NFCU Amex More Rewards
USAA Limitless
Discover It
NFCU Cash Rewards
Citi ThankYou Premier
Amex Delta Platinum
Message 2 of 18
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Hilton to Amex Hilton Conversion - Dangit!

The letter states that if you close your Citi Hilton cc before the conversion then you will not be issued an AMEX Hilton cc. What I find odd is that you didn’t take the time to read the letter but did take the time to post your question here. lol It’s all in the letter they sent.
Message 3 of 18
Moderator

Re: Citi Hilton to Amex Hilton Conversion - Dangit!


SpecFile wrote:
The letter states that if you close your Citi Hilton cc before the conversion then you will not be issued an AMEX Hilton cc. What I find odd is that you didn’t take the time to read the letter but did take the time to post your question here. lol It’s all in the letter they sent.

Thanks for explaining.  I type 100 words per minute approx so only took about 1 minute at tops to write the post where-as I didn't feel like reading 10 pages or whatever it was from Amex after a 10 hour day at work.  Just not my idea of fun.   Thanks for the advise/thoughts thoughSmiley Happy

Chase | Citibank | Amex | BofA | PenFed | NFCU | Discover | Barclay's | US Bank | Fifth Third Bank | FNBO
Message 4 of 18
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Citi Hilton to Amex Hilton Conversion - Dangit!

I thought we agreed no math after dinnerSmiley Wink

Ps, i couldnt type 100 words a minute if i had 4 handsSmiley Wink
To obtain Credit One Kenobi status upon 0/24 is to Garden Harden!!
Message 5 of 18
Super Contributor

Re: Citi Hilton to Amex Hilton Conversion - Dangit!

No letter yet but this would put me at 6 revolvers with AX including my Biz SPG..

 

Hmmm.

EX FICO  16 INQ  791
EQ FICO  10 INQ  786
TU FICO  12 INQ  790
Total CL$477,00038 TL
Message 6 of 18
Frequent Contributor

Re: Citi Hilton to Amex Hilton Conversion - Dangit!

I also fear overexposure with AMEX. Currently 2 revolvers at 56k and a Platinum. My Citi Hilton is 36k. That would be a lot in credit with AMEX and I don't see them going for it. 

Amex Delta Platinum 10k | US Bank Cash+ 18.5k | Citi Aadvantage Platinum 25k | Barclaycard Commence 35k | Lowes 35k | Amex Hilton Ascend 36k | Discover It 40.8k | Bank of America BBR 45k | Amex EDP 50k | Chase Marriott 67k | Amex Platinum NPSL
Message 7 of 18
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Hilton to Amex Hilton Conversion - Dangit!


CreditCuriousity wrote:

SpecFile wrote:
The letter states that if you close your Citi Hilton cc before the conversion then you will not be issued an AMEX Hilton cc. What I find odd is that you didn’t take the time to read the letter but did take the time to post your question here. lol It’s all in the letter they sent.

Thanks for explaining.  I type 100 words per minute approx so only took about 1 minute at tops to write the post where-as I didn't feel like reading 10 pages or whatever it was from Amex after a 10 hour day at work.  Just not my idea of fun.   Thanks for the advise/thoughts thoughSmiley Happy


Totally get that! I don’t like to read at all and it was a chore just to read through that novel they sent in the mail. My comment was totally harmless..... just joking with ya a bit!
Message 8 of 18
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Citi Hilton to Amex Hilton Conversion - Dangit!


Nixon wrote:

No letter yet but this would put me at 6 revolvers with AX including my Biz SPG..

 

Hmmm.


Sup Nixon...Nice to see you around..been awhile. Weve needed you in multiple threads, where have you been!!!  Glad to see youSmiley Happy

(BK7 d/c-08/2013/FICO-400's) ~ 02/2018~ FICO 08- EQ-669, TU-674, EX-660
Scores being held down by tons of INQ/New acts Smiley Wink
Message 9 of 18
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Citi Hilton to Amex Hilton Conversion - Dangit!


SpecFile wrote:
The letter states that if you close your Citi Hilton cc before the conversion then you will not be issued an AMEX Hilton cc. What I find odd is that you didn’t take the time to read the letter but did take the time to post your question here. lol It’s all in the letter they sent.

I find it "odd" that you're slapping his hand for it, lol.  No one has time to read read that non-sense..

(BK7 d/c-08/2013/FICO-400's) ~ 02/2018~ FICO 08- EQ-669, TU-674, EX-660
Scores being held down by tons of INQ/New acts Smiley Wink
Message 10 of 18