Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Home Depot card

tag
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

Citi Home Depot card

Does a Citibank Home Depot card appear on a credit report simply as a Citibank credit card? Would it be easier to get than the other straight up Citi cards? I am interested in developing a relationship with Citi but am afraid I don't have the credit reports to get approved. However, getting approved for Home Depot may be easier. Then later, I could apply for another Citi card once I have a relationship with the firm. Someone from another website gave me the idea so i wish to credit them here. Anyway, any opinions? I am not going to do this now as i am in the garden. But hypothetically? Maybe the best thing to do would be to try for a Citi dividend card and if denied apply for citi home depot? Or apply for home depot first? Can anyone help me figure this out?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Citi Home Depot card

Just doing research, huh? You know we are watching you. 👀
Message 2 of 16
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Just doing research, huh? You know we are watching you. 👀

meet-the-fockers-2.jpg

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 16
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

But.... but.... It is research for a friend in Des Moines.. Honost..... I would never app for a credit card.... Im so far in the garden, I'm wearing farmer's overalls...

Message 4 of 16
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Too late! I've already dispatched the myFICO Emergency Response Team!
Message 5 of 16
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@dddewdrop wrote:

Does a Citibank Home Depot card appear on a credit report simply as a Citibank credit card? Would it be easier to get than the other straight up Citi cards? I am interested in developing a relationship with Citi but am afraid I don't have the credit reports to get approved. However, getting approved for Home Depot may be easier. Then later, I could apply for another Citi card once I have a relationship with the firm. Someone from another website gave me the idea so i wish to credit them here. Anyway, any opinions? I am not going to do this now as i am in the garden. But hypothetically? Maybe the best thing to do would be to try for a Citi dividend card and if denied apply for citi home depot? Or apply for home depot first? Can anyone help me figure this out?

Didn't get me approved, had Home Deport card for 9 months, $500 initial aproval, requested CLI before I got the card CLI to 4k, used lightly no balance on the card still denied on a Citi Visa card. 23% UTL over all, a card i was AU on was 90% UTL.

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 6 of 16
asphaltcowboy
Valued Contributor

OH, so you got your friend's email, very interesting I must say!!Smiley Surprised

(OK Lexie, we know th drill)

Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 778 EQ 776 EX 781 Last Update 4/2016
Garden Club 04/10/2013
Message 7 of 16
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@dddewdrop wrote:

Good luck with your apping...I mean "research."Smiley Tongue

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 8 of 16
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@asphaltcowboy

That's what I was thinking! I was born at night but not last night!
Message 9 of 16
myjourney
Super Contributor

dddewdrop wrote:

I'm considering this or Lowes for business purposes. The underwriting may be less because its a co-branded card....However 

BTW....hypothetically speaking the garden has upgraded equipment for repeated offenders Lol

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.