Did you mean: 

Citi - Is this a good sign or not?

tag
Zar
Regular Contributor

Citi - Is this a good sign or not?

Hello,

My wife applied for a Citi Diamond Preferred MasterCard and got this email:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REFERENCE NUMBER: ##############

Dear XXXX X XXXXX:

Why we're writing you

Thank you for applying for the Citi(R) Diamond Preferred(R)  MasterCard(R) account.  We are unable to verify some of the  required credit information.  To continue  processing your  application, please provide the following documentation:

o   A copy of one of the following:  U.S. Social Security  Number, U.S. Taxpayer Identification Number, Passport or  National ID Card.

Here's what you need to do

Please send the requested information along with a copy of  this email to

Citibank(South Dakota), N.A.

PO Box 6495

Sioux Falls, SD 57117-6495

Do not send original documents since we are unable to return  them.

Some important information

We must receive the requested items within 30 days from  the date of this email or we will consider this application  withdrawn.  Do not provide this information by replying

to this email, as we cannot process individual messages  arriving at this address.

We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you.

Sincerely,

YYYY YYYY

------------------------------------------------------------------

Is this a good sign that she will be approved?

Thanks for your input!

Zar Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Noctilum
Frequent Contributor

Re: Citi - Is this a good sign or not?

It means they are still on the identify verification stage.  I wouldn't take that as a good or bad sign for being approved.

Message 2 of 5
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

@Corvidae wrote:

It means they are still on the identify verification stage.  I wouldn't take that as a good or bad sign for being approved.

Agreed. Send in the documentation and then give them a call.

Message 3 of 5
Zar
Regular Contributor

Hi,

I mailed copies of her ITIN letter and her drivers license... I hope this will be enough. Has anybody else had a similar experince with Citi?

Zar Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 5
mahendra82
Contributor

I posted something about failing their fraud alert verification process and them closing my application. In any case, I contacted the supervisor and insisted on having them process my application. She put me on hold for 10 minutes and came back with an approval for the citi aadvantage select amex for 10k. Good luck and be persistent!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.