Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi.... Just woowww!!!!

tag
pip3man
Valued Contributor

Citi.... Just woowww!!!!

Alright so I have the Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select MC which I got in April with a $2k limit. My 3rd statement on this account will cut on the 25th... This morning I logged in to my online account like I usually do and I see this flagged message. "We have reissued a new Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard..." I was like huh?! First of 2months ago, I called to request the upgrade and I was informed I didn't qualify cos my account is too new and that the upgrade was available to only certain Citi cardholders. I know for certain my credit score has declined since I got the card in April due to opening several new accounts and a high utilization currently at 34% reported (24% in reality). So I've ruled out high credit scores as a factor which brings me down to utilization on this particular account as a possible cause. This is my everyday card I use for everything possible. Since getting it in April I already pushed over $5k through it... Anyways I'm stoked and this would be my first WEMC!! Can't wait to fly AA again and go on my 2nd vacation this summer... The travel experience with this card has been great so far and I can imagine it would only get better with this unexpected upgrade. Btw is it just me or did anyone else get this today/yesterday?

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Citi.... Just woowww!!!!

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 17
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the upgrade but it's something Citi is actively doing for millions of accounts throughout 2014. World Elite MasterCard has been pretty worthless since they began widely issuing them to everyone last year and now 2014 more banks are doing upgrade offers. I think by early 2015 every MC will be World Elite Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 17
pip3man
Valued Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

Congrats on the upgrade but it's something Citi is actively doing for millions of accounts throughout 2014. World Elite MasterCard has been pretty worthless since they began widely issuing them to everyone last year and now 2014 more banks are doing upgrade offers. I think by early 2015 every MC will be World Elite Smiley Very Happy

Hahahaha damn you Citi!!! I thought I was doing something right that warranted it considering they had flat out denied me for the upgrade 2months ago lol. Either ways it's gonna be my first WEMC so I feel like a kid that got a free candy right about now haha. Thanks for the heads up mxp114

Message 4 of 17
mxp114
Valued Contributor

@pip3man wrote:

Hahahaha damn you Citi!!! I thought I was doing something right that warranted it considering they had flat out denied me for the upgrade 2months ago lol. Either ways it's gonna be my first WEMC so I feel like a kid that got a free candy right about now haha. Thanks for the heads up mxp114

You're doing something right, I'm sure one of the requirements include account in good standing so keep it up! Enjoy your new card, the silver logo elevates the look.

Message 5 of 17
pip3man
Valued Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

@pip3man wrote:

You're doing something right, I'm sure one of the requirements include account in good standing so keep it up! Enjoy your new card, the silver logo elevates the look.

Thanks thanks thanks!! Sure would keep it up.. hopefully they upgrade the limit too cos that's really all I'm out for lol.... And a silver logo?! Hoo ho hoo I mos def can't wait to lay my hands on it now

Message 6 of 17
MT936
Established Contributor

congrats!

Amex Blue Cash Everyday: $25,000 | Navy FCU Cash Rewards: $25,000 | Discover It: $20,500
Chase Freedom: $12,500 | Citi Double Cash: $10,000 | Bank of America Cash Rewards: $8,000

Message 7 of 17
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

CONGRATS on your successful upgrade with Citi!!!

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 8 of 17
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

Amen & spot on! But more Importantly CONGRATS! OP on your satisfaction with Citibank. They been nothing short of stellar on this end too.

The World Elite is lost favor which i can personally attest to via Crap1 GM BuyPower CC. Issued with a $600 SL while hyping it as a 5% reward card for GM new vehicles Smiley Very Happy 

Message 9 of 17
pip3man
Valued Contributor

Looool... Thanks everyone for all the messages and it appears they SP'd me on Equifax on 07/15/14.... Well well thanks to Citi Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.