Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Frequent Contributor

Citi LOVE !!!! 0% APR and 10K Bonus Miles

Citi is playing with my mind. I can't seem to figure them out.

1. Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite opened 4/2016.

2. Denied EVERY app since then. Just gave up.

3. I thought I'd try my luck on another Citi AAdvantage Platinum World Elite with the recent 50K bonus miles with no wording on the 24 month rule. APPROVED.

4. I was bored and browsed around Citi website. Hidden in the bottom corner is a small box with APR Bonus offer. No email or anything. They're givng me 0%  APR for 10 months !!! WHAT??? I was speechless. 22% APR after that. I don't carry balances anyway but this can come handy.

5. Then I read on one of the travel blogs a new 60K bonus they're offering for the AAdvantage card. It said send them a message and ask. I did. They're giving me 10K even if I don't meet the spend requirement for the 50K.

Citi0%APR.png

Citi10KBonus.png

Frequent Contributor

Re: Citi LOVE !!!! 0% APR and 10K Bonus Miles

[ Edited ]

I am about to apply myself.  Who do I email?  Or what travel blog gave you this info?  I've been googling and can't find this offer. 

Equifax Score: 724; Experian Score: 734; Transunion Score: 729
Creditkarma scores Equifax 792 & Transunion 776
Barclay's Aviator Red -- $8,400; Discover It -- $16,500; US Bank Cash+ -- $7,500; Huntington Bank Voice -- $8,500; American Express Gold Charge Card; Chase Freedom -- $4,000; Barclay's Arrival+ $6,000; Chase Southwest Premier -- $16,000
Authorized User: Chase Freedom -- $6,500; American Express Blue Cash -- $3,500; Sam's Club Mastercard -- $6,000; CSP -- $9,000; Barclay's CashForward -- $5,000
Goal cards: Freedom Unlimited, Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Ink Plus
Frequent Contributor

Check Pointswithacrew site and "why it never hurts to ask for free points" article. Public offer is 50K. 60K is targeted but you can ask if they can match.
Valued Contributor

That's awesome!!! Congrats!!

Established Contributor

That is great!! Congrats! Time to play the lotto...lol...Smiley Happy

AmexPlat(NPSL) AmexOpt (13.1k AU) Walmart(10k) Discover(8k) BB Visa(6k) Pier 1(3.5k) Kohls(3k) J Crew (1.4k) Amex Delta Gold(5k) Amex BCP(22k) BofA(15k) Barclaycard(5k) Venture WMC(6.45k) Chase FU(7k) QS(3.3k)Citi Diamond (4.5k)

FICO 8 Scores EX 730(19) EQ 689(13)TU 720(22) Mortg Scores EX 691 EQ 671 TU 711 (April 4 2017) AAOA 3.3yrs TCL=113,250.00
Frequent Contributor

So I just applied.  Was approved for $5500.  Their email says I can't log on until I receive the card and have the number in hand.  How did you communicate with Citi if you don't me asking?  And you said in a small box it offered 0% for ten months.  On what page did it say that if you don't mind me asking?  I want to follow your success plan to a tee if possible.  Great job by the way! 

Barclay's Aviator Red -- $8,400; Discover It -- $16,500; US Bank Cash+ -- $7,500; Huntington Bank Voice -- $8,500; American Express Gold Charge Card; Chase Freedom -- $4,000; Barclay's Arrival+ $6,000; Chase Southwest Premier -- $16,000
Authorized User: Chase Freedom -- $6,500; American Express Blue Cash -- $3,500; Sam's Club Mastercard -- $6,000; CSP -- $9,000; Barclay's CashForward -- $5,000
Frequent Contributor

CONGRATULATIONS on the approval !!! I communicated via secure message to request for the the additional 10K bonus miles. Unfortunately, you will need your card to set up online access. For the 0% APR for 10 months, its under Account management, offers section. That won't show up until after you build a good track record with payment, usage. I say it took about 10 months from when I opened my first Citi card before I found that. Citi didn't require heavy usage either. I keep my Netflix subscription there to show regular usage. Good luck. Hopefully, they are keeping up with the competition.
Frequent Contributor

Great stuff!  Thanks again!  First Citi card! 

Frequent Contributor

As the r/churning reddit users say...Citi gonna Citi
What you describe is basically how Citi bonus matches go..you technically didn't get the "bonus" matched; you got automatic "courtesy" points that are posted immediately without minimum spend.

Total CL $90k | #TeamPIF | FICO Feb16: EQ 727 | TU 729 | EX 730 | AAoA: 7 months
Frequent Contributor

That's right. It is technically a courtesy or gift. Nothing to do with meeting any minimum spend.

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.