Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Loan from CC question

tag
Chad3304
Valued Member

Citi Loan from CC question

When I log on to my Citi card, where it has the option to complete a balance transfer, it also states an option to take a loan to myself via a check or direct deposit into my checking account, and if I'm reading correct states will qualify for the 0% for 18mos as if I did a balance transfer. I'm not looking to do this of course, but I'm just curious if anyone has done this before?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Strogen
Frequent Contributor

Re: Citi Loan from CC question

@Chad3304 wrote:

When I log on to my Citi card, where it has the option to complete a balance transfer, it also states an option to take a loan to myself via a check or direct deposit into my checking account, and if I'm reading correct states will qualify for the 0% for 18mos as if I did a balance transfer. I'm not looking to do this of course, but I'm just curious if anyone has done this before?

Its probably the same thing as those checks Chase sends me from time to time. They even say you can just use the checks for what ever. 

They come in useful for those of us living paycheck to paycheck. I used one for a deposit on a new apartment. 

Just gotta watch out for that deferred interest though! 

807 TU FICO Score 8.
Message 2 of 3
Chad3304
Valued Member

Re: Citi Loan from CC question

It states if I were to do it, and keep a balance past the 18mos, the rate goes to 12.99 which is the interest rate on my card.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.