Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Love button? Questions about CLI

tag
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

Citi Love button? Questions about CLI

I've read a lot on here about a "love" button from Citi.  I'm trying to figure out what this is.  Whenever I click on the CLI request under Tools it gives me a form where I request an amount and it asks for my income and rent payment.  Is the love button something different?  I actually called CS when I first got the card and asked them about CLI.  They told me that I can basically call in and ask any time.  It would either be instantly approved, or they would say they need to pull credit information but that I would have to consent to that before they did it.  Does anyone have any experience with this?

Also, my Citi card is only 3 months old so I was planning to wait until at least the 6 month mark, but I was wondering if that actually made much of a difference?  If I request something and they say no, or they say they need a manual review, that's it no harm for me because I would say to hold off and not pull my report.  That's how they explained it to me.  I'm just curious how much of a difference the 6 month window actually makes.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
jamie123
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Love button? Questions about CLI

You can call at any time really, all they can say is no. Most people have better luck with CLI when they try every 6 months. It really is a "Your Mileage May Vary" type of situation.

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 2 of 5
CK_Charles_Lover
Regular Contributor

Yes that's the LUV button, which may result in a HARD pull, so I suggest calling in and making sure unless you don't care. Also as far as I know Citi requires you to have card for 6 months before requesting CLI (for the most part nowadays). 

Trans Union Fico (Walmart) ,690 Experian Fico (Amex) 686(Opened 3 new accounts this month. In the Garden)

AMEX BCE ($19,500) AMEX PRG -(NPSL), BARCLAYS US AIR PREMIER WORLD ($10,000), BOA CASH REWARD -($6,000), CITI HILTON RESERVE SIGGY-(5,000), WALMART DISCOVER ( $5,800), CITI DIAMOND ($4,700), CITI DIVIDED WORLD ($4,500), AMAZON STORE($5,000), NORDSTROM VISA SIG($5,000), PAYPAL STORE ($4,000) Amex Delta Gold ($2000)
Message 3 of 5
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

Thanks for the info.  I will definitely wait for the 6 month mark.  One more question though.  Since it asks you to request a certain amount for the increase, will they outright deny if they think its too high or will they give you a counter-offer?

Message 4 of 5
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

bump*

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.