Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Luv Button...

tag
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

Citi Luv Button...

I'm not yet at the 6 month mark since opening my Citi card, but I had a question about the Luv button.  I see people say that you pretty much request a certain CLI and then Citi makes a decision via a soft pull.  My question is, if you ask for too much will they blatantly decline or will they give you a counter offer?  In other words, is it smart to aim high and see what happens?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
ramblin_wreck08
Regular Contributor

Re: Citi Luv Button...

I've done this on two separate cards in the last couple of days. My Forward has been open since 12/09 with a $4k CL. I asked for a $2k increase and was counter offered $1.5k. Asked for $2k again on a card that's been open since 11/11 with a $4.2k CL. Counter offered $750. I accepted both. No report was pulled for either of them, but as with most things YMMV.
Amex BCP $20k | PenFed Platinum Rewards VS $16.5k | Amex HHonors $10k
Message 2 of 3
scientifics
Frequent Contributor

Re: Citi Luv Button...

The online button with Citi is definitey a gamble. They sometimes do a hard pull right away, others times, just a soft. If you want to make sure you don't get a HP, talk to a CSR, but make sure they understand what you are asking first.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.