Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Luv button still works :)

tag
cabarkeep
New Contributor

Citi Luv button still works :)

Went online to check my Citi acct and had a limit of 9600 currently on this card ...saw that there was a limit increase button under the "tools" section and so I clicked ...one second later a screen saying congratulations you qualify for $1800 increase in credit line ... so new credit line is 11400 ...so I accepted ....

Not bad for just checking the acct ..and it also said something about no credit pull was done to authorize this CLI ...even better Smiley Happy

So far so good Citibank!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Luv button still works :)

Congratulations!  The rare no-pull CLI success story!

You got no pull because your CLI was approved instantly.  Sometimes when you click the Citi luv button, you get a form to fill out asking for income and bank account information.  That form will result in a hard pull everytime.

Nice job.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm guessing, but I think on their new web site the button only appears if you're already approved.  It disappeared for a long time after the redesign, then reappeared again a couple of weeks ago.  I clicked it and got a $1600 CLI, then it was gone again.  Has anybody actually gotten the hard pull form since they redesigned the site?
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

LaserBlue wrote:
I'm guessing, but I think on their new web site the button only appears if you're already approved.  It disappeared for a long time after the redesign, then reappeared again a couple of weeks ago.  I clicked it and got a $1600 CLI, then it was gone again.  Has anybody actually gotten the hard pull form since they redesigned the site?

Yes, I've gotten the form, even since the redesign.  Didn't fill it out and submit it, but it did come up nonetheless.

Nothing has changed in regard to the form.  True, the button itself comes and goes, but it still seems to work the same way it always has.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

True, the button itself comes and goes, but it still seems to work the same way it always has.

Where can I find this "luv  button?"

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

rpg528 wrote:

cheddar wrote:

True, the button itself comes and goes, but it still seems to work the same way it always has.

Where can I find this "luv  button?"

On the blue toolbar at the top of the Account Online page, click "Tools & Services" and select "Request a Credit Line Increase."

OR

Look for a link that says "Request a Credit Line Increase" somewhere to the right of your current account information.

Note the possibility of a hard pull if you get a form to fill out.  (See above.)

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since the redesign, whenever the Luv Button showed up, it resulted in an automatic no-pull increase.  But tonight, it showed up for an account and presented me the form, which I have not seen since the update.  So what does it mean?  Do they want me to ask for more so they can approve it?  Are they doing away with the no-pull CLIs?  Or should I just wait a little while and try it again?  My other two accounts are not showing the button at this time.
Message 7 of 9
stefanc
Regular Contributor

For me the existence of the luv button certainly has nothing to do with my being eligible for a CLI!

My luv button has never gone away. I have always had "request cli" in the tool menu as well as staring at me on the account "home" screen - both before and after the redesign.

I click it every few months (usually after reading about cli's here) and it has ALWAYS been an immediate instant decline. No approval, no form to fill out, just an immediate denial page with a follow up physical letter within a few days citing a report on file. 

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

So if you click the Luv button and you get the form to fill out does that automatically generate a hard pull there?  Or do you have to proceed by submitting the form and then it will generate a hard pull?
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.