Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi MTVU CLI Question

tag
Nightfallx
New Contributor

Re: Citi MTVU CLI Question

Ah see there is a trick to it, i don't know if someone posted the secret yet, so here it is. Say I want to convert my card they will probably say no, then say ok transfer me to retention, as soon as your transferred that section will then say oh you want to be converted ok I will do that now, they will only be able to transfer to the forward from mtvu usually but you could ask for others and try.
in my wallet:
Amex Zync : NPSL (main card always pif)
Discover More: 6,500$ (no balance)
Chase Sapphire : 5000.00$ (no balance)
Citi Thank You Card backed by Amex 8,200$ (no balance)
Amex Blue Cash 21,000$
Best Buy Store Card : 5,700$ (I'm a nerd so used a lot)
Message 11 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

This is why I would not take out student credit cards... at some point some will  work with you as you leave school and convert and others just tell you to apply for new non student card.... they are good option sometimes when you have absolutely no credit but then as soon as you get credit and scores get up you are just willingly applying for lower limit cards then you need to because of the student backing (mostly because usual lower income while in school)

I would just apply for 2-3 new cards (1 being Citi Forward!)

Message 12 of 15
Tg123
Regular Contributor

@Nightfallx wrote:
Ah see there is a trick to it, i don't know if someone posted the secret yet, so here it is. Say I want to convert my card they will probably say no, then say ok transfer me to retention, as soon as your transferred that section will then say oh you want to be converted ok I will do that now, they will only be able to transfer to the forward from mtvu usually but you could ask for others and try.

Thanks Nightfallx! I'll have my regular non-student citi forward card after the 45 day waiting period. Now to get a credit line increase without a hard pull and pull off another credit card. 

Forward, Zync, Freedom, BofA Cash Rewards

Current Score: 738 BOA Experian (5/29/2012)

GOAL: 800s
Message 13 of 15
Nightfallx
New Contributor

No problem that should be stickied so everyone knows how to convert there card through citi lol.
in my wallet:
Amex Zync : NPSL (main card always pif)
Discover More: 6,500$ (no balance)
Chase Sapphire : 5000.00$ (no balance)
Citi Thank You Card backed by Amex 8,200$ (no balance)
Amex Blue Cash 21,000$
Best Buy Store Card : 5,700$ (I'm a nerd so used a lot)
Message 14 of 15
Tg123
Regular Contributor

@Nightfallx wrote:
No problem that should be stickied so everyone knows how to convert there card through citi lol.

Definitely!!! I started a new thread as i've changed the topic now, but im trying to figure out which card is going to be best for me as well as how likely it is that i will be approved between the Chase freedom and the Bankamericard. 

Forward, Zync, Freedom, BofA Cash Rewards

Current Score: 738 BOA Experian (5/29/2012)

GOAL: 800s
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.