Reply
Established Contributor
Andy77
Posts: 590
Registered: ‎10-02-2007
0

Citi Mastercard Declined...

Has anyone ever been to a restaurant and had their Citi Card declined, but after calling them they tell you your account is fine?

 

This happened to me last night...avail credit 350.00

balance credit of 270.00

 

If this has happened to you, what was their explanation of the decline? 

Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue
Posts: 4,923
Registered: ‎04-19-2009
0

Re: Citi Mastercard Declined...


Andy77 wrote:

Has anyone ever been to a restaurant and had their Citi Card declined, but after calling them they tell you your account is fine?

 

This happened to me last night...avail credit 350.00

balance credit of 270.00

 

If this has happened to you, what was their explanation of the decline? 


 

Didn't you report here recently that you were overpaying this account in order to cause your available balance to be overstated? If I remember correctly you were told by an insider that security did not like that practice and it could result in declined charges.
Established Contributor
Andy77
Posts: 590
Registered: ‎10-02-2007
0

Re: Citi Mastercard Declined...

That security issue has been take care of.  I was told by a supervisor that if I am going to charge over my CL to send in weekly checks

 

This issue aside since the CSR said my account was fine...

 

Has anyone had their charges declined? 

Super Contributor
DI
Posts: 5,767
Registered: ‎01-28-2008
0

Re: Citi Mastercard Declined...


Andy77 wrote:

That security issue has been take care of.  I was told by a supervisor that if I am going to charge over my CL to send in weekly checks

 

This issue aside since the CSR said my account was fine...

 

Has anyone had their charges declined? 


I never had a charge declined.  But, there was a time when I was making a purchase, the store had to call the bank to make sure my card wasn't stolen before approving the charges. 

Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue
Posts: 4,923
Registered: ‎04-19-2009
0

Re: Citi Mastercard Declined...

So, Andy77, what was the proffered reason for the declined charge?
Established Contributor
Andy77
Posts: 590
Registered: ‎10-02-2007
0

Re: Citi Mastercard Declined...

They told me there was nothing wrong with my account and that maybe the Mastercard terminal was down.

 

 

Super Contributor
DI
Posts: 5,767
Registered: ‎01-28-2008
0

Re: Citi Mastercard Declined...


Andy77 wrote:

They told me there was nothing wrong with my account and that maybe the Mastercard terminal was down.

 

 


That would do it every time. 

Frequent Contributor
andyaycw
Posts: 298
Registered: ‎07-25-2007
0

Re: Citi Mastercard Declined...

The same happened to me about a year ago when I tried to use my Amex at a local 7-11 store. Cashier swiped the card a few times and it wouldn't go through. Thought that Amex had finally gotten to me with their round of F/Rs or whatnot, but it turned out to be a fluke and my account was fine - and has been ever since.

OP, try not to lose too much sleep on this. I don't think it's anything you should be concerned about :smileyhappy:

Starting Score: EQ 773, TU 766
Current Score: EX 794, EQ 787, TU 776
Goal Score: 800


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue
Posts: 4,923
Registered: ‎04-19-2009
0

Re: Citi Mastercard Declined...

I'd worry about it until you have successfully completed a transaction using that card. The stripe on the back of the card could be damaged.
Super Contributor
DI
Posts: 5,767
Registered: ‎01-28-2008
0

Re: Citi Mastercard Declined...

[ Edited ]

creditwherecreditisdue wrote:
I'd worry about it until you have successfully completed a transaction using that card. The stripe on the back of the card could be damaged.

+1.  I had a debit card that was worn, and the cashier had to swipe the card several times for it to work.  I think in the OP's case, the phone system or something may have not been working properly at the time.  

Message Edited by DI on 11-07-2009 08:19 PM

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+