Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Minimum Balance

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Minimum Balance

I checked my Citi acct this morning and noticed my statement balance and minimum balance due were the same, $17.60.  Has anyone else noticed this on his/her Citi acct?  Does it have to do with the statement balance being so low that it's an either/or kind of thing and $17.60 would be the higher of the two payment options calculated in the Citi agreement?  It just struck me as odd.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
honeybunnygal
Regular Contributor

Re: Citi Minimum Balance

Hello,

I don't have a Citi acct, but usually CC minimum payments have an either/or calculation. It's either a certain percentage of the balance, or if the balance falls below a certain threshold, the minimum payment will equal the balance. I've usually seen the threshold amount at $15, but it's certainly possible that an issuer would specify a higher amount.

I hope this helps.  Smiley Happy

Hard work & patience can go a long way!
8/2009 (myFICO): TU - 599, EQ - 656
7/23/2010 (LO pull): TU - 738, EQ - 801, EX - 785
4/12/2012 (myFICO): TU -778, EQ - 791
Message 2 of 4
DI
Super Contributor

I had a balance like that with my GM card for $15.80 last month.  They made the entire balance due by the due date.  If your statement balance is extremely low...I think  most banks will make the total balance due by the due date. 
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for both of your responses!  I appreciate it.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.