Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Needs More Time?

tag
Xtina0508
Contributor

Re: Citi Needs More Time?

Call the back door # and speak with a customer service rep. I got the same message and called a few minutes after I applied - and was approved once they verified some information.

AMEX Blue Cash Everyday ($16,500) Capital One Quicksilver ($5000) : US Bank Platinum ($9000) : Kohls ($1500) : Dell Preferred ($2500) : Chase Freedom ($3500) : Citi Simplicity ($5500) : Victoria Secret Angel Card ($1950) : Express Store Card ($1700)

6/2013 Equifax Fico - 723 : Goal - 800+
3/2014 Transunion Fico - 723 : Goal - 800+
3/2014 Equifax Fico - 737 : Goal - 800+

Message 11 of 15
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

I called the credit dept and was told I was denied because of too many inquiries. Of course, all of my inquiries in the past 6 mos are from an auto loan refinance. Shouldn't they only count once? He said I could call back tomorrow and speak to a supervisor, but I don't get what difference a day would make. Is there another number to call??
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Call again and bring up the auto loan inquiries.  Ask for a supervisor to see if they will reconsider.   Also, have a copy of your report in front of you as the information is reviewed.  Best of luck.    At this point you dont have much to lose.

Message 13 of 15
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

I called the same number again and spoke to someone else.  After explaining the auto refi inquiries, he asked me who my loan was through.  I told him and was put on hold for about 10 minutes.  When he came back up I was approved for $1900.  Not the best limit but better than my two Cap One cards. 

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Saa-weet!    I should try again!

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.