cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Not Allowing No More Product Card Changes????

tag
tray
Valued Contributor

Citi Not Allowing No More Product Card Changes????

Just called Citi this morning to request a prouct change I wanted to change my platinium select as the rewards are terrible!!!  to another card and I was told by the rep Citi no longer do product changes since last month, should I believe this rep??  I think this is just awful.  Does anyone have any insight on this issue, also I tried looking for a backdoor number and it seems the numbers are only for app's, thanks for any information.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Not Allowing No More Product Card Changes????

Try calling the retention number and asking them to do the product change, they have more power. If that doesnt work, try tweeting @AskCIti. How long have you had the card BTW?

Message 2 of 5
tray
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous calling the retention number and asking them to do the product change, they have more power. If that doesnt work, try tweeting @AskCIti. How long have you had the card BTW?

Thanks for the advice, I have had this card for 2 years now, but I am going to call the retention dept. now and see what happens, will update

Message 3 of 5
tray
Valued Contributor

Once again thanks for the information MGTR420, Well I called the retention department and asked about the product change the 1st attempt he told me my particular card was not eligible for a product change then he put me on hold to inquire and when he came back to my surprise he said he was able to do the product changeSmiley Very Happy I switched my card over to the citi thank you preferred and also my apr decreased to 16.99% from the 18.99% i currently have which is better than nothing.  He said because of goverment regulations this change will not take effect until May 23 which is a long time and should recieve my card 10 days after that.

He also asked me if I would have closed my account I said I probably would have !!!

All I can say is thanks for these backdoor numbers as you really get nowhere with frontline reps

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tray wrote:

Once again thanks for the information MGTR420, Well I called the retention department and asked about the product change the 1st attempt he told me my particular card was not eligible for a product change then he put me on hold to inquire and when he came back to my surprise he said he was able to do the product changeSmiley Very Happy I switched my card over to the citi thank you preferred and also my apr decreased to 16.99% from the 18.99% i currently have which is better than nothing.  He said because of goverment regulations this change will not take effect until May 23 which is a long time and should recieve my card 10 days after that.

He also asked me if I would have closed my account I said I probably would have !!!

All I can say is thanks for these backdoor numbers as you really get nowhere with frontline reps

Congrats tray! Thats awesome for you. Long wait for the card, but well worth it.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.