Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Now Combining Lines?

tag
changingmantra2
Regular Contributor

Citi Now Combining Lines?

Hello -

Last month - I called Citi  to, once again, ask if I could combine my Ty P and Simplicity. Unlike in the past when I was told Citi  does not allow this, this time the rep said, "Call back at the end of the month."  When I asked him if he was saying this because he knew of some pending policy change, he said yes. 

Before I call - and risk  both wasting time and possibly more disappointment - I thought I would ask if anyone here heard any news about this.

Thanks -

“We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.”
― Maya Angelou
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Citi Now Combining Lines?

Interesting. I know I tried to do this 6 months ago but they told me that I couldn't have had a CL adjustment in the last 6 months. I didn't want to take the time to do it this month so just did my SP-CLI. It would be nice to know that you can do CL combination if I can. I would like to PC one of my cards to Dividend and close 2 of them to combine the limits. I find Citi cards to be useless for me.
Message 2 of 6
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@changingmantra2 wrote:

Hello -

Last month - I called Citi  to, once again, ask if I could combine my Ty P and Simplicity. Unlike in the past when I was told Citi  does not allow this, this time the rep said, "Call back at the end of the month."  When I asked him if he was saying this because he knew of some pending policy change, he said yes. 

Before I call - and risk both time and possibly more disappointment - I thought I would ask if anyone here heard any news about this.

Thanks -

This is just an guess, but i think with all the changes to prestige card and TYP. They may start allowing for CL combinations to compete with Chase. I have no info to verify thats what they are doing , but thats my theory.

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 3 of 6
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Of course, I called to ask if it's possible. The one rep said not possible that they used to be able to do it in 2009, but that's changed from what the last rep told me so I'm just going to take that comment for what it's worth -- nothing. Smiley Wink
Message 4 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I have given them LOTS of feedback at EO level how stupid the "no combining" policy is and they are the "ONLY" major bank that doesn't do it!
Message 5 of 6
changingmantra2
Regular Contributor

In the past 8 months of calling to ask this several times - on two or three occasions - someone emphasized Citi does not do this "at this time" - on supervisor even made the pointed comment, "this may change."  So, when this one man flat out told me to call at the end of July and indicated he knew there would be a policy change -   I thought there might be some truth to this. 

“We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.”
― Maya Angelou
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.