AAA_2011

Citi Online App - Should I expect to be Declined?

[ Edited ]

UPDATE:  As suspected below I was declined for lack of revolving credit lines. I live in TX and they pulled Equifax. My EQ FICO was 765 the day I applied with only one inquiry in the previous two years. This one app and denial dropped my EQ FICO score to 747 per the Score Watch Service . That's 18 points!!! I don't get this system!

Hi,

I applied online for the Citi Platinum MC today and was told my app was pending further review and they needed add'l information. I was given a number to call toll free.      I did so and was given a different number to call within 24-48 hours to verify my approval status or that I could wait to hear back in the mail within a week.

Should I expect to be declined? I currently have no CC's. I have an EQ Fico of 765 and a TU Fico of 724 ant the EX= unknown. My utilization should be fairly low.

Thanks

Super Contributor
DI

Re: Citi Online App - Should I expect to be Declined?

AAA_2011 wrote:

Hi,

I applied online for the Citi Platinum MC today and was told my app was pending further review and they needed add'l information. I was given a number to call toll free.      I did so and was given a different number to call within 24-48 hours to verify my approval status or that I could wait to hear back in the mail within a week.

Should I expect to be declined? I currently have no CC's. I have an EQ Fico of 765 and a TU Fico of 724 ant the EX= unknown. My utilization should be fairly low.

Thanks

What types of credit you have since you have no credit cards?  What utilization  from what are you referencing? 

AAA_2011

Two active bank loans with impeccable payment history and low balances.

Several older bank loans still reporting including a Line of Credit etc, as well as a gas card I closed some time ago all 100% positive.

Frequent Contributor
tsquad131

you might be declined for not having any active revolving accounts aka credit cards

FICO scores - 727 TU(Walmart)/ 727 EX(Amex app)/ 721 EQ(Discover app)
In My Wallet: BankAmericard Cash Rewards($2,000), Discover More($3,000), Chase Freedom($2,000), Fidelity Amex($1,000), Sam's Club Discover($4,400), SallieMae 5% Mastercard($5,000), Amex BCE($2,000) ,Citi Simplicity($2,000), Paypal SmartConnect($3,100), Walmart Store Card($2,350), Chase Amazon Visa($700), Target RedCard($500), Capital One Cash Rewards($750), Best Buy Store Card($1,900), HHGregg($2,000), Amazon Store Card($1,250),Newegg Preferred Account($2,000), Park West($2,000), BankAmericard Travel Rewards($5,000)
Contributor
Corvidae

I applied at got the same message.  Was approved 3 days later.  It seems they manually reviewa lot of apps these days.  Lots of people here seem to be getting the same message when applying.

804 Transunion
804 Equifax
775 Experien (lender pulled, auto enhanced)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}