Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Online Payment Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Online Payment Question

I just recently got my Citi Dividend Card, and this is my first time paying it online.  I wanted to pay 500.00 on it(800 limit, I got a little carried away this month with a shiny new card), but it would only let me pay 236, which is what the balance was when it cut after I first got it.  Is this always the case?  I like to be able to pay my card a few times a month so I can push more money through it.  I know I could do this with Capital One, does Citi not offer this?  Or is it because this is my first time paying?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Online Payment Question

I don't remember having any issue on the first payment but I know Citi will let me pay any balance that is currently showing on the card. I cannot pay any pending charges or overpay if I know an auto charge is going to post through their website. Also they do show me how many on-line payments I have made this month. I haven't visited their FAQ's to see if there is a limit. I know at least three per month is OK.

One thing to be aware of with Citi is that I set up auto-pay to pull the minimum payment due from my checking account on the due date. Even if I have made an on-line payment that month before that which satisfies the minimum due they still pull the minimum payment anyway (e.g. I pay $100 on the 5th- minimum of $45 is still withdrawn on the 10th.) Yes, I unfortunately have a balance on this card although it is still at 0% until 10/12.

The other option that could work is to push a payment to Citi through your banks Bill Pay service. Then you can set the amount.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 4
learnin113
Established Contributor

Send the payment from your bank side.  Sometimes they will only let you pay the balance due...but if you send it via your bank or mail it in, they of course will not refuse the payment.

Message 3 of 4
bribro
Valued Contributor

I've never had this problem with Citi. I could always pay up to the amount of the outstanding balance (not including pending charges). Just call them and ask.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.