Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi PC + CLI

tag
cmthomas06
Regular Contributor

Citi PC + CLI

I called to see about PCing my Citi Platinum Select card to the Forward so I can start earning rewards for restaurants (btw, great advice guys!!). I called the retention number and got an amazingly joyful CSR! I couldnt upgrade to the Forward because it wasnt availble for some reason, but I was able to upgrade to the Thank You card. The reward points are seriously lacking and aren't that great, but at least Im earning something! Plus, I get to keep my 0% APR till Oct 2013 Smiley Very Happy Oh, and to top it off, Citi gave me a CLI of $750! The luv denied I was denied by Cap1 has been vastly made up by Citi Smiley Happy

Edit: CSR did say I can PC my card as many times as I want as long as my credit worthiness stays intact; so, the Forward may be in my near future 

Ex 752 (Amex) Tu 758 (Walmart) Eq 703
Goal: 750+ on all
Current Cards: Cap1 Cash Back; Chase Freedom; Chase Amazon; Citi Thank You; Citi Forward; Discover iT; Amex Zync; GE WalMart; BoA 3-2-1
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
jm00ser
Regular Contributor

Re: Citi PC + CLI

The ThankYou has been a great card to me. Yes, the points aren't the greatest in value, but they do have some pretty decent options under "travel experiences," got to see a few shows in Vegas for free! Also they have been lenient on the CLIs for me.

In full gardening/ debt annihilation mode! (4/15/13)
Notre Dame FCU Visa 0/2k (8/04); CapOne Best Buy 800/1.5k (7\06)
Citi Thank You World MC 4800/9.7k (1/11); Amex Zync NPSL (9/11)
Chase Freedom Visa 1600/3.8k (9/11); Chase Southwest RR Premier Visa Signature 4300/10.7k (6/12); Discover It 0/3k (7/12)
EQ: 751 (4/1/13) EX: 742 (4/8/13) TU: 732 (4/8/13)
Message 2 of 8
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Did you have the MasterCard version of Platinum Select?

I recommend you try to PC again into Forward couple months later, but this time use backdoor number. Credit analyst at the backdoor should be able to help you even more.

Message 3 of 8
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Congrats! Do you know if they did a HP? 

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 4 of 8
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

How long did you have the card before you did the PC?

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 5 of 8
cmthomas06
Regular Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

Did you have the MasterCard version of Platinum Select?

I recommend you try to PC again into Forward couple months later, but this time use backdoor number. Credit analyst at the backdoor should be able to help you even more.

Yes, I had the MC version. 

Current Cards: Cap1 Cash Back; Chase Freedom; Chase Amazon; Citi Thank You; Citi Forward; Discover iT; Amex Zync; GE WalMart; BoA 3-2-1
Message 6 of 8
cmthomas06
Regular Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

Congrats! Do you know if they did a HP? 

Nope, no HP so far =)

Message 7 of 8
cmthomas06
Regular Contributor

@emptypockets wrote:

How long did you have the card before you did the PC?

I have had the card for 8 months now. I only got it for the BT and it was sitting at 80% Util! They denied my request for a CLI 2 months ago, but I was at 95% Util. I was suprised they did anything for me since there was so much on it! 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.