Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi PC Conversion Question...

tag
Andy77
Valued Contributor

Citi PC Conversion Question...

So the letter I got from Citi, dated 12/20/13 said my silver mastercard is due to convert on 2/9/14.

Does anyone know if I will see the new account information online on citi.com ?

OR do I have to wait until I get the new card and activate if before I see any change online?

I don't see anytthing new online as of yet, but maybe the computer has to update tonight at midnight

Thanks

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
jason86423
Frequent Contributor

Re: Citi PC Conversion Question...

I PC'd my AA platinum select visa to the AA executive mastercard on Friday (not the huge bonus, but they gave me 35 K miles to just PC over) ... the new card showed up online with in 15 minutes of the phone call, and my visa is showing closed, the small balance has been transferred to the new card and already got notice my new card is on the way... The rep told me that the PC won't be completely effective until 3/31 and I have until 3/29 to cancel the change.

Seems weird to me as I've read other topics where the conversion takes forever.

Message 2 of 11
Andy77
Valued Contributor

My conversaion has taken 51 days...I got letter on 12/20/13 saying that I had requested the conversation to AA Plat Select card and that conversaion would take place on 2/9/14

As of yet nothing has changed

Message 3 of 11
jason86423
Frequent Contributor

I'd wait until the morning and see what it says online..  If its not showing up, give a call to customer service...  I had a great convo with a Citi rep in Pensacola... If you don't have the number for AA Plat select customer service, let me know.. but when I called the number on my card, it stated AA Plat select customer service... Not sure if its the same for the other cards.

Message 4 of 11
Andy77
Valued Contributor

Well I signed onto citibank.com this morning and I see that there is something in red that says I have another card to link.  I clicked this and it asked me for the card number and CVN.  So I will obviously wait until I get the new card in the mail before I link it.

I am very excited, I have waited 4.5 years for this card.

Message 5 of 11
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@jason86423 wrote:

I PC'd my AA platinum select visa to the AA executive mastercard on Friday (not the huge bonus, but they gave me 35 K miles to just PC over) ... the new card showed up online with in 15 minutes of the phone call, and my visa is showing closed, the small balance has been transferred to the new card and already got notice my new card is on the way... The rep told me that the PC won't be completely effective until 3/31 and I have until 3/29 to cancel the change.

Seems weird to me as I've read other topics where the conversion takes forever.

Jason, how long have you had your AA Platinum?  I really want to PC my AA Gold to Executive, but had the card since end of September...just wanted to get some insight on how long before i can do this.  Thanks in advance.

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 6 of 11
jason86423
Frequent Contributor

I had my AA platinum for 3 years.  Best thing to do would be to call, but with it only being open since September it might not be able to until the 12 months is up.  Downgrading can usually be done less than 12 months, but when you upgrade to a higher annual fee, that's when you run into problems.

Then again. Citi is pushing this card heavily...

Message 7 of 11
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@jason86423 wrote:

I had my AA platinum for 3 years.  Best thing to do would be to call, but with it only being open since September it might not be able to until the 12 months is up.  Downgrading can usually be done less than 12 months, but when you upgrade to a higher annual fee, that's when you run into problems.

Then again. Citi is pushing this card heavily...

Thanks for the info, Jason.  I've actually applied for the Executive last week and was denied (final denial after 2nd manual review w/ EO for too many INQs). I would love to add this card in the future, just wanted to get some insights on how to go about it later on.  Thanks again

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 8 of 11
Stiga9
Regular Contributor

OP, this happened to me last October when I PC'd to the AA card:

"So the same night I PC'd the card, I noticed my online account showed the new AA card with a new account number (last 4 digits). I decided to call to add an AU (you can't do it online while an account is pending).

Long story short, the CSR said "I'll go ahead and overnight the AU's card and waive the $6 fee". I told her I thought my account wouldn't convert until 51 days later and she said "Well I see an American Airlines WMC account is already created and the old one will deactivate as soon as you activate your card, did you receive you card yet?". I told her no and she said she'd overnight my card as well.

Got both my cards this morning and both working perfectly. The old ThankYou card is not even on the site anymore!

So for future PCers, it really doesn't take 51 days like they say! Literally 2 days to receive the new card! Of course and as always, YMMV."

Message 9 of 11
Andy77
Valued Contributor

My conversion took 45 days exactly.  Called in on 12/20/13 and asked for conversation from Silver Master to AA Advantage Plat Selec WMC.

I got a letter two weeks later telling me my conversation woudl actually take place on Feb 9, 2014 and I should get my cards 10-14 days after

So, I am not sure how you got your conversion to go through so fast, but I was not that lucky

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.