Frequent Contributor

Citi PC Not as Rep Said

I recently called Citi to switch my Platinum Select Visa to Forward and two reps told me my interest rate would stay the same. Fast forward to today, I got the terms for the card, and my interest rate actually will go up 5%. I think I'm going to cancel the PC unless anyone has any ideas?

Valued Contributor

Re: Citi PC Not as Rep Said

scientifics wrote:

I recently called Citi to switch my Platinum Select Visa to Forward and two reps told me my interest rate would stay the same. Fast forward to today, I got the terms for the card, and my interest rate actually will go up 5%. I think I'm going to cancel the PC unless anyone has any ideas?

I knew something was fishy when they told you that.  The APR has changed for everyone I know that did a PC.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $10k/9.99% | Citi Diamond Preferred - $12.1k/11.99% | Amex BCE - $12.6k/10.24% | Chase Freedom VS- $10k/15.24% | Barclay Ring $5k/8.0% | Discover it - $19k/11.99%
Established Contributor

scientifics wrote:

If you normally PIF then i say stay with it if its the Forward with 5x benefit... but if its the 2x benefit decline it.

FICO: EX: 743 (10/14); TU: 758 (9/14); EQ 721 (9/14)

In My Wallet: Amex X 5 | Barclays X 3 | BOA X 1 | CapOne X 3 | Chase X 3 | Citi X 7 | DCU X 1 | Discover X 1 | Fidelity X 1 | Fifth Third X 1 | Macys X 1 | PenFed X 1 | PSECU X 1 | Sams Club MC X 1 | Target RedCard X 1 | USAA X 2 | US Bank X 1 | Walmart X 1 | Wells Fargo X 1 = 36 Cards

Holding off apps until the end of the year! Wish me luck!
Frequent Contributor

UFGuy2006 wrote:

scientifics wrote:

If you normally PIF then i say stay with it if its the Forward with 5x benefit... but if its the 2x benefit decline it.

They told me on the phone it was 5x, but the disclosure I got doesn't say anything about that. With my experience with the APR, I'm assuming they probably told me the wrong thing and it will be 2x...

Get a myFICO recommended credit card

Copyright ©2001-2013 Fair Isaac Corporation.
All rights reserved.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions based on Experian or Equifax data (additional FICO® Score versions based on TransUnion data are not currently available on myFICO.com). Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.