cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi PC resulting in new account number - How does this report to CRA?

tag
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

Citi PC resulting in new account number - How does this report to CRA?

My Diamond Preferred MC is being upgraded to a Thank You World MC in 45 days which per Citi will result in a new account number. Does this mean they will close the old tradeline on my CR and add an additional tradeline for this new account number with correct opening date (PenFed does this and it screws with AAOA as it looks like another tradeline)? I know companies like BOA just update the account number for the existing tradeline on the CR (therefore not impacting AAOA), but not exactly sure how Citi does this. Anyone with experience with this?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi PC resulting in new account number - How does this report to CRA?

Hi UFGuy,

My Citi Driver's Edge MC has been PCd to Citi thankyou card by Citi this past March.    In my case, they did not change anything other than card type.  I have no idea why?  They should keep Date of open, CL, APR, and all terms & Condition on your current Diamond Preferred MC ... IMO

Message 2 of 9
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi UFGuy,

My Citi Driver's Edge MC has been PCd to Citi thankyou card by Citi this past March.    In my case, they did not change anything other than card type.  I have no idea why?  They should keep Date of open, CL, APR, and all terms & Condition on your current Diamond Preferred MC ... IMO

Yeah they did say all the terms would stay the same, however the number would have to change since it was converting to a World card.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UFGuy2006 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi UFGuy,

Yeah they did say all the terms would stay the same, however the number would have to change since it was converting to a World card.

so, which is this one.

@UFGuy2006 wrote:

My Diamond Preferred MC is being upgraded to a Thank You World MC in 45 days which per Citi will result in a new account number.

I guess it has to do with Preferred to World then ...   I'm pre sure some of our members are having the same or similar  PC.   Wait for other members reply.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

what is PC? Been searching forums? thanks

Message 5 of 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

For a sec there I thought bunnyrabbit was back, then I seen its a old thread Smiley Sad

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 9
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

PC = Product change Smiley Tongue

Message 7 of 9
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

I saw my name associated with this thread and was like... WTH! When did I post this... ahh now I see the date Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 9
GeneralCucumbre
Regular Contributor

I can confirm this...I just recently had my Citi Dividend Visa converted to a Citi Dividend World MasterCard.  The account number of course changed because it went from Visa to MasterCard.  The process did take 45 days to complete and Citi did update my credit reports with a whole new tradeline but reported the new tradeline as opened the same time as the Visa was opened.  The Visa account disappeared after about a few weeks...it did not show as closed, it just vanished completely off of my credit report.  But for a while there, it was showing both the Visa and the MasterCard as open with the same credit limit and open date.

CORRECTION:  Apparently the Visa is still reporting under Experian but the MasterCard is reporting under all three.  Oh well, I'll just wait for Citi to notice the mistake, at least it is working in my favor and helping my AAoA on my Experian file.

AMEX Green Corporate - NPSL | AMEX Everyday - $60,000
Chase Freedom Unlimited Visa Signature - $49,500 | Chase Freedom Visa Signature - $27,300 | USAA Platinum Visa - $26,000
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.