Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Phone Number verification,.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Phone Number verification,.

Citi is having problems verifying my phone number for some odd reason which has been driving me crazy. They ask If I have another number where they can reach me and or verify me. Now my question is, can it be any phone number or does it have to be on my name? I only have this one number and don't use a house phone because Im always out or working.. Any help before i go and be on hold for an hour before i talk to these people. 

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Phone Number verification,.

The phone number does not have to be under your number.  When they say verify, they will call whatever number you give and you must pick up when they call.  If you don't pick up, no message will be left behind for security purposes. Once you pick up, they will then proceed to ask you questions from your credit file to verify you.

All the best and let us know how it goes.

Message 2 of 5
Berk
Established Contributor

I'm assuming that this is for identity verification so the number would have to be in your name. Ask them if you can use other documentation such as an electric or cable bill. 

Message 3 of 5
Berk
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The phone number does not have to be under your number.  When they say verify, they will call whatever number you give and you must pick up when they call.  If you don't pick up, no message will be left behind for security purposes. Once you pick up, they will then proceed to ask you questions from your credit file to verify you.

All the best and let us know how it goes.

Yeah, this too. Duh. Can't believe I completely overlooked this! Thanks Yes-Its-Me!

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to intrude but Citi verifies your phone number based on what is reported on your credit files. If your current number is not listed then you might be able to get them to ask you multiple questions based on public/credit records. FYI if any of your old numbers are inactive you might be able to reactivate them with the original carrier or a prepaid one. Then you could receive text verification code. Good luck.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.