Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Plat. Status?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Plat. Status?

Yay i dont think i was i got an email asking to verify my address and phone number they need just Telephone bill, utility bill, paystubs, and copy of my DL!!! yay you think its an approval?

Message 11 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied today. I specifically wanted the card for the 0% intro APR.  Paying off my wedding in advance and it would be nice to have a card to put a small balance on for a few months. In any case, I applied online and got the same thing...made up account name/password and then was told that they needed more information. I called in and all they did was ask my name/address for verification, put my on hold...didn't ask any questions and came back on the phone with an approval. The CL was less then I had hoped for, but I was in the middle of something and didn't feel like trying to talk them up a bit. Maybe I will try at activation. Approved CL was $4200. Not sure if this is low or decent for Citi approvals, maybe someone else knows?

I called 1-866-606-2787 - it was listed on the screen with my application # right after I applied.

Message 12 of 26
mjp187
Established Member

hey up up good job I just got the card in the mail, took about a week to get $3900 credit line good apr 12.99%

I to was looking for a little better line, but you know it could be a security thing Much like my Discover More

card started$ 4500 then increased a month or two later to $9500. It would still be good to know why Citi

seems to give no definite decline answers, I only received a e-mail then the card no other response.

Message 13 of 26
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied today. I specifically wanted the card for the 0% intro APR.  Paying off my wedding in advance and it would be nice to have a card to put a small balance on for a few months. In any case, I applied online and got the same thing...made up account name/password and then was told that they needed more information. I called in and all they did was ask my name/address for verification, put my on hold...didn't ask any questions and came back on the phone with an approval. The CL was less then I had hoped for, but I was in the middle of something and didn't feel like trying to talk them up a bit. Maybe I will try at activation. Approved CL was $4200. Not sure if this is low or decent for Citi approvals, maybe someone else knows?

I called 1-866-606-2787 - it was listed on the screen with my application # right after I applied.

That is not bad. What are your average limits on major bank cards? In the old days you could have bumped that in no time. You could try at activation.

Message 14 of 26
tray
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

To me that is a okay start up limit for nowadys economic climate.  On March 31, 2010 I app for this card and I recieved the same cl as you $4,200.00.  They pulled my EQ report score 686 only 1 paid collection showing and 1 upaid collection which did fall off the next day LOL, maybe I should have waited ? if my cl would have been higher, but anyway I had 8 inquiries reporting on EQ also.  And remember citi is a prime bank card and does offer cli's I believe starting the fourth month with using your card.  Congratulations to both of us.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 15 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats Tray and mjp!!  Sounds like we all started with similar CL's. Tray, I wasn't aware they offered CLI so soon. That's a bonus if they are still doing that. I've been reluctant to ask for CLI's from any bank but will keep an eye on how generous Citi is in the coming months for others.

Smallfry, my bank card limits range from $4500 (Discover) to $12,000 (BofA) with a range in between from PenFed, Chase, Nordstrom Visa and Wells Fargo. So, this card will be my lowest CL in terms of major CC's. I guess that's why I expected a bit more. I know the chances of getting CLI at activation are not what they used to be, but I'll take a stab at it. Can't hurt.

Message 16 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder though even if after i send them in they may still reject me after all i have 7 inqs.

Message 17 of 26
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats Tray and mjp!!  Sounds like we all started with similar CL's. Tray, I wasn't aware they offered CLI so soon. That's a bonus if they are still doing that. I've been reluctant to ask for CLI's from any bank but will keep an eye on how generous Citi is in the coming months for others.

Smallfry, my bank card limits range from $4500 (Discover) to $12,000 (BofA) with a range in between from PenFed, Chase, Nordstrom Visa and Wells Fargo. So, this card will be my lowest CL in terms of major CC's. I guess that's why I expected a bit more. I know the chances of getting CLI at activation are not what they used to be, but I'll take a stab at it. Can't hurt.

Citi likes to see a lot of usage and PIF. So it might help to use it a lot for the first 6 months. YMMV on how long you might have to wait for CLI. Regardless of all the bad news you hear these days about the banks Citi is still very prime and has the largest footprint worldwide of any bank.

Message 18 of 26
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I wonder though even if after i send them in they may still reject me after all i have 7 inqs.

Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Message 19 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@smallfry wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Citi likes to see a lot of usage and PIF. So it might help to use it a lot for the first 6 months. YMMV on how long you might have to wait for CLI. Regardless of all the bad news you hear these days about the banks Citi is still very prime and has the largest footprint worldwide of any bank.

Well, I plan to put about $11-12k total on it in about 3-4k increments and about 4-5 months time will PIF along the way. I'm trying to space out what's left of my wedding to pay for and just have a little cushion of a few weeks to make PIF payments, then charge again and PIF again, etc.. Hopefully they will be okay with that. I've never carried a balance before on any card and didn't want to do this with my rewards cards because I didn't want to pay any interest. Now that I think of it, I probably will be able to PIF before the due date each month, I'm just used to PIF before statement cuts. So, this should work out alright, I think.

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.