Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Platiinum Select vs Diamond Preferred

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Platiinum Select vs Diamond Preferred

If there was a different Citi product she would rather have now might be a good time to request a product change.
Message 11 of 16
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@MattH wrote:

@smallfry wrote:
The DP is a better card than the Platinum Select. Check the extras.

Yep, they sent a brochure describing the various bells and whistles. Perhaps they hope the extras will induce her to give them more business again? I regularly pull my Fico scores so I know they range from 780 to 830, she has never pulled her Fico scores but she feeds almost as many pre-approved offers to the shredder as I do so she is clearly also considered a prime risk.

I know I have no access to virtual account numbers with my Citi Pro. The DP offers it I imagine a lot of other Citi cards do as well. I like the black card myself. Smiley Happy
Message 12 of 16
MattH
Senior Contributor

@smallfry wrote:

@MattH wrote:

@smallfry wrote:
The DP is a better card than the Platinum Select. Check the extras.

Yep, they sent a brochure describing the various bells and whistles. Perhaps they hope the extras will induce her to give them more business again? I regularly pull my Fico scores so I know they range from 780 to 830, she has never pulled her Fico scores but she feeds almost as many pre-approved offers to the shredder as I do so she is clearly also considered a prime risk.

I know I have no access to virtual account numbers with my Citi Pro. The DP offers it I imagine a lot of other Citi cards do as well. I like the black card myself. Smiley Happy

The new card arrived on Thursday and she used it to pay for our dinner last night Smiley Happy
TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's quite simple.  They are rebranding the Platinum Select as Diamond Preferred.  If you look on their Web site, the Platinum Select is no longer available.  I also got the notice in the mail.  The Diamond Preferred card seems to offer more perks, including the concierge service.  My interest rate is the same.

Message 14 of 16
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Hello molokoid and welcome to the forums.

Just wanted to let you know that this thread is about 5 years old.  You might want to post a new topic concerning this information on the boards.  Thank you.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 15 of 16
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

They are doing this to many people; do not be alarmed.
Imo, the CDP is the best card Citi has to offer.
It has low rates compared to most, and in my case; I got an 18 months 0% interest promo!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.