Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Platinum Amex

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Platinum Amex

OK,  I applied online and was approved instantly.  I will use the Priority Pass and the Citi Identity Monitor services.  No annual fee for first year, then $125.  The way I look at it, the $125 covers the Identity Monitor and the Priority Pass is just a free perk.

So, today I got my Amex Blue statement stating that my fixed rate APR was going up from 9% to 15.99% variable rate.  I called and spoke with a CSR who said my rate was fixed at 9%, no change.  Umm, here on my statement, on page 8 it states blah blah.   I then asked for a supervisor who said, yes Ms. Scout, your new rate will be 15.99% as of December 2.  (The card has a $0 balance.)  I asked why the rate was going up.  "Current financial climate" was the response.  I told her what my most recent EX FICO score was and she said "your credit report has nothing to do with the interest rate increase."  I asked her what was the lowest fixed rate APR offered for the Blue card, and she actually told me that she did not have access to that information.  I said thank you, and goodbye.

I will make friends with my new Citi card after it arrives in the mail.  It will be my new go to card.  I have been happy with my Home Depot - no complaints.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Platinum Amex

Scout1965 wrote:

OK,  I applied online and was approved instantly.  I will use the Priority Pass and the Citi Identity Monitor services.  No annual fee for first year, then $125.  The way I look at it, the $125 covers the Identity Monitor and the Priority Pass is just a free perk.

Woohooo!!!! Congrats, Scout!

I'm sure you know that my Citi Platinum Amex is the #1 card in my wallet.

Don't forget about the 3x ThankYou Points (5x on everyday spending) for the first two years.  The ThankYou Points rack up fast with this card.

Mind if I ask what sort of credit access line they gave you?  (I'm asking purely for academic purposes.  They gave me $11K for the record.)

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cheddar,

My Citi CL is $10K.  Smiley Happy

I just cannot believe Amex would change a 9% fixed APR to a variable rate of 15.99%.  At lease my CLs with Amex are intact.

Scout

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately, I can believe it.  Amex is unpredictable these days, as I'm sure you know.

Congrats again on the Citi card!

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.  I will continue to use my Amex Clear (no interest rate change yet), but the Blue will not be used for a very looong time.
Message 5 of 15
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

I'm envious. I want the Citi Platinum Amex but they won't convert my Dividend Amex to it.
Here we go again...
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi is the card I want to get in my wallet. Can those of you with a Citi card (Citi or Co-branded) reminded me of the type of scores they require and what your report(s) should look like? Thanks in advance.

Message 7 of 15
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Citi is the card I want to get in my wallet. Can those of you with a Citi card (Citi or Co-branded) reminded me of the type of scores they require and what your report(s) should look like? Thanks in advance.

I'd say greater than 660 with a report clean of derogatories. 

Here we go again...
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

A clean report, low balances and a 690 or better. They also have a dislike for recent applications but then again ,right now, who doesnt.
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
A clean report, low balances and a 690 or better. They also have a dislike for recent applications but then again ,right now, who doesnt.

I had 2 inquiries, a score of ca. 730 and got declined!

Message Edited by Flo on 01-07-2009 06:54 AM
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.