New Contributor
lazylane

Citi Platinum CLI Denied...any suggestions

I was denied a CLI for the following reason: “balances, as shown on your credit bureau report, are too high when compared to your income.”

About a week before requesting this CLI, I paid my credit card balances down to $6k. My income is $32k and my credit limits total $28k. Once I was denied I realized that the payments that I made toward my cc balances were not reflecting on my cr yet (duh). So I called customer service, spoke with a supervisor and she said the only thing that she could do is submit another request for an increase but she couldn't say if it would be a hp or a sp.

I've already drafted a recon letter but I'm wondering if I should just let it go. I feel like if I do a recon for the reason that I mentioned above that they will just pull my recent cr to see that the balances on my accounts have been reduced and IF they do that, then I might as well wait until my cr is updated and apply for another increase myself.

My Citi Platinum card has a $0 balance and I was requesting an increase from $1,200 to $3,500. I also have another Citi cc that has a $0 balance and a $3,200 cl.

Any suggestions? :smileysad:

Valued Contributor
chnceit

Re: Citi Platinum CLI Denied...any suggestions

Wait till your reports update then request a CLI again. 

$100K in Credit
Last Credit Card App: 11/16/13
Regular Contributor
rudy0720

Re: Citi Platinum CLI Denied...any suggestions

Keep in mind that Citi Customer iniatited CLI's are al;ways a hard pull so think twice before you ask again after the pay downs hit your report. Asking for triple with your income is a gamble as well

Citi Thank You Premier Visa Signature-$9K, Citi Thank You Preferred Vis Signature-$8.3K, Citi AA Signature- 8.5K, Citi Simplicity 9.2K, Citi Diamond-6.1K, Lowes-$10K, Chase Sapphire Preferred- $ 5K, AMEX BCE $14.5K, AMEX Starwood Preferred $15K, ,AMEX Everyday-$5K, Fidelity Amex-$10K, US Bank 123 rewards Kroger-$17K, Penfed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature-$30K, Amex Delta-$10K, Barclay Arrival Plus- $10K, Penfed Travel Rewards Amex-$10K, Bank of America Cash Rewards- $14K

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}