Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Platinum CLI Denied...any suggestions

tag
lazylane
New Contributor

Citi Platinum CLI Denied...any suggestions

I was denied a CLI for the following reason: “balances, as shown on your credit bureau report, are too high when compared to your income.”

About a week before requesting this CLI, I paid my credit card balances down to $6k. My income is $32k and my credit limits total $28k. Once I was denied I realized that the payments that I made toward my cc balances were not reflecting on my cr yet (duh). So I called customer service, spoke with a supervisor and she said the only thing that she could do is submit another request for an increase but she couldn't say if it would be a hp or a sp.

I've already drafted a recon letter but I'm wondering if I should just let it go. I feel like if I do a recon for the reason that I mentioned above that they will just pull my recent cr to see that the balances on my accounts have been reduced and IF they do that, then I might as well wait until my cr is updated and apply for another increase myself.

My Citi Platinum card has a $0 balance and I was requesting an increase from $1,200 to $3,500. I also have another Citi cc that has a $0 balance and a $3,200 cl.

Any suggestions? Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Platinum CLI Denied...any suggestions

Wait till your reports update then request a CLI again. 

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 2 of 3
rudy0720
Regular Contributor

Re: Citi Platinum CLI Denied...any suggestions

Keep in mind that Citi Customer iniatited CLI's are al;ways a hard pull so think twice before you ask again after the pay downs hit your report. Asking for triple with your income is a gamble as well

Citi Thank You Premier Visa Signature-$9K, Citi Thank You Preferred Vis Signature-$8.3K, Citi AA Signature- 8.5K, Citi Simplicity 9.2K, Citi Diamond-6.1K, Lowes-$10K, Chase Sapphire Preferred- $ 5K, AMEX BCE $14.5K, AMEX Starwood Preferred $15K, ,AMEX Everyday-$5K, Fidelity Amex-$10K, US Bank 123 rewards Kroger-$17K, Penfed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature-$30K, Amex Delta-$10K, Barclay Arrival Plus- $10K, Penfed Travel Rewards Amex-$10K, Bank of America Cash Rewards- $14K
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.