Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi® Platinum Select® / AAdvantage® Visa Signature® Card

tag
chucky1234
Contributor

Re: Citi® Platinum Select® / AAdvantage® Visa Signature® Card

Great information all. I recently applied for the Discover IT and got a intial CL$1K and I was also approved for the Amex Green card. So I am going to wait another two months before I apply for the Citi AAdvantage card.

Message 11 of 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@chucky1234 wrote:

Great information all. I recently applied for the Discover IT and got a intial CL$1K and I was also approved for the Amex Green card. So I am going to wait another two months before I apply for the Citi AAdvantage card.

Discover approval is a bad basis for what other banks will give... they are kind of annoying to me!

if discover and amex are not reporting yet, I would actually take the pre-qual and apply now!

citi startes to get a little more wishy washy over new accounts... not sure 2 would be a number to worry about but i would rather take it now... plus a $1k discover is probably only going to hurt your chances for higher unless that's close to your high range now.

Message 12 of 17
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

When I paid for my AA ticket I kind of got the shopping cart offer for Citi AA WMC and Siggy and selected the WMC because I had soooo many Visa cards already. Citi gave me an initial CL of 17K and just two month before I got 2,5K from Discover with same profile and same scores. Looks to me that Citi is giving out nice starting CLs not like Discover. I would think the WMC or the Siggy will have similar approval criteria..so go for the one you like better - good luck !

Message 13 of 17
chucky1234
Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@chucky1234 wrote:

Discover approval is a bad basis for what other banks will give... they are kind of annoying to me!

if discover and amex are not reporting yet, I would actually take the pre-qual and apply now!

citi startes to get a little more wishy washy over new accounts... not sure 2 would be a number to worry about but i would rather take it now... plus a $1k discover is probably only going to hurt your chances for higher unless that's close to your high range now.

At the moment nor Discover or Amex has started reporting
Message 14 of 17
seat3a
Contributor

I applied for the World MC when my highest TL was 5K and, to my surprise, was approved with a CL of 11K. Had FICO's around the 750's at the time.

Hope this helps!

Barclay Arrival World MC 10K, Citi AAdvantage 16K, Chase Sapphire Preferred 15K, AMEX Gold Delta Skymiles 16K, Venture One 5K, Discover Direct Rewards (Cap 1) $300, Discover Direct Rewards (Cap 1) $500

Scores: EX 764 EQ 750 TU 809 MyFico 739 Last App 11/13
Message 15 of 17
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

Got the card a few weeks ago. My FICOs between 740 and 765 pulled from this site. Lots of inq (19 on Ex alone) and got the card no problem with instant approval. Starting limit $11.5K. 

Message 16 of 17
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

Got the Platinum Select Visa 2-3 months ago. FICO scores were all in the 730s, 0-5% utilization, EX inq were around 5, the others were around 0-2. They gave me a CL of $2000. It's my lowest CL besides my CapOne cards.

I was quite surprised especially later that day I applied for Barclays NFL and got a $7000 CL starting limit.

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.