Regular Contributor

Citi Platinum Select AAdvantageWorld MasterCard

I just applied and got this message  

Thank you +++++++++++. We have received your application and further processing is required at this time. We will contact you within a week via email regarding our decision. Thank you for requesting a Citi® Platinum Select® / AAdvantage® World MasterCard®.

Do i have a chance or am i denied?

Mega Contributor

Re: Citi Platinum Select AAdvantageWorld MasterCard

princeromeo wrote:

I just applied and got this message  

Thank you +++++++++++. We have received your application and further processing is required at this time. We will contact you within a week via email regarding our decision. Thank you for requesting a Citi® Platinum Select® / AAdvantage® World MasterCard®.

Do i have a chance or am i denied?

Toss up. They might want to verify your identity in the next few days.

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Regular Contributor

does citi instantly deny?

Mega Contributor

princeromeo wrote:

does citi instantly deny?

Yes, if your credit file does not meet the requirements of the computer.

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Established Contributor

If you're new to Citi, they will want to verify info. Once you're in with them, they will easily approve you. My first app with Citi, I had to wait nearly 2 weeks to be approved after a verification process. For my second card, I was instantly approved online.

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Established Contributor

What are your scores? And other CC balances? Credit history? Those all play a role in a CCC's decision for approval.

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Regular Contributor

my score is 630  i was dnied because of inqs  i called today, the lady i spoke to said they dont do recons  im really mad i wanted to get into the door with citi. Any one had luck with recons with citi?

Valued Contributor

I don't know of any recon success, the reps simply uphold the systematic decline. I think supervisors have very narrow overturn powers but you have to be extremely close, as in one INQ too many, etc. AFAIK no one has the power to reverse the generated decline.

Frequent Contributor

While approvals have happened with a 630 and Citi before, it's rare. I'd suggest waiting until your score improves and your INQs drop off.

Despite my employment in the banking industry, any and all views contained in this post are purely my own, and do not represent any financial institution, nor constitute as financial or investment guidance or advise.
Regular Contributor

I just called citi and wasted no time,asked for a senior account manager she came on the phone and was very nice i told can you please reconsider my app,  i recently was looking for a car loan thats why i have several inqs. She put me on hold and came back to say call back in 24-48 hours for status on my app,  she was gonna put back my app in the system   anyone else experience this?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}