Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Platinum Select CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Platinum Select CLI

I've had my Citi platinum select card since August and I just noticed the request CLI link.  

So, I clicked it and it gave me a $1,800 increase so my total is now 3,800  This was a soft inquiry.  Not too bad considering I haven't really used the card.  

I've been taking advatage of a zero APR  introductory rate and carrying a balance.   I'll have it paid off next month when the intro rate ends

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Platinum Select CLI

@Anonymous wrote:

I've had my Citi platinum select card since August and I just noticed the request CLI link.  

So, I clicked it and it gave me a $1,800 increase so my total is now 3,800  This was a soft inquiry.  Not too bad considering I haven't really used the card.  

I've been taking advatage of a zero APR  introductory rate and carrying a balance.   I'll have it paid off next month when the intro rate ends

congrats on your increase.....keep it going...
Message 2 of 9
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!  I opened my Citi account in July.  The CLI link appeared in December.  It seems one has to carry a balance to get CLI's from Citi.  I didn't get an increase.  Maybe, if I xfer the last of my car loan to the card, they may start having a change of heart.  

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just received the Citi Platinum Select card after switching from Citi CashReturns. The intro APR is 5.99% for 6months after that 15.24% standard APR..

I will use this card often to get CLI later.. uhmm

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

When did you apply/Activate your account. I opened  my account in September, so I am waiting to see de CLI button.

I'd like to know how long will take the button to appear, since de date of application or activation.

Message 5 of 9
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

DI wrote:

mainemedic wrote:

So, I clicked it and it gave me a $1,800 increase so my total is now 3,800  This was a soft inquiryNot too bad considering I haven't really used the card.  

CongratsI opened my Citi account in JulyThe CLI link appeared in DecemberIt seems one has to carry a balance to get CLI's from Citi.  I didn't get an increaseMaybe, if I xfer the last of my car loan to the card, they may start having a change of heart.  

Definitely not true. You can get CLI's from Citi both with and without a balance. However, just because you have a "Luv Button" does not mean you'll get an increase. It's not automatic.

Message 6 of 9
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

When did you apply/Activate your account. I opened  my account in September, so I am waiting to see de CLI button.

I'd like to know how long will take the button to appear, since de date of application or activation.

It normally takes at least six months before the "Luv Button" first appears.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Citi Platinum Select card used to automatically up my CL every 6 months. It started at 1000 in 2004, now at 9400. They haven't upped it in like a year and a half now. I don't need anything close to that high, but I sure would love a CL over the 10k mark. Not worth chancing a hard inq though.
Message 8 of 9
DI
Super Contributor

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

DI wrote:

mainemedic wrote:

So, I clicked it and it gave me a $1,800 increase so my total is now 3,800  This was a soft inquiryNot too bad considering I haven't really used the card.  

CongratsI opened my Citi account in JulyThe CLI link appeared in DecemberIt seems one has to carry a balance to get CLI's from Citi.  I didn't get an increaseMaybe, if I xfer the last of my car loan to the card, they may start having a change of heart.  

Definitely not true. You can get CLI's from Citi both with and without a balance. However, just because you have a "Luv Button" does not mean you'll get an increase. It's not automatic.

What gives! I guess am SOL. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.