cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Platinum Select Mastercard Approved!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Platinum Select Mastercard Approved!

Well I bit the bullet and applied! I was Approved instantly with an initial CL of $2,000.00 not the greatest but

at least it's higher than my other major credit cards from HSBC & Cap 1

They pulled EX

I'm debating on whether or not to PC to Diamond Preferred but I'm OK with this card if I can't

Smiley Very Happy

Message Edited by mainemedic on 08-01-2009 12:13 AM
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: Citi Platinum Select Mastercard Approved!

Do you know what the APR and intro deals are that you got yet?

Message 2 of 17
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

It should come with 0% interest for 12 months on either purchases or BT's.
Message Edited by YoungEntrepeneur on 08-01-2009 12:53 AM
Message 3 of 17
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@YoungEntrepeneur wrote:
It should come with 0% interest for 12 months on either purchases or BT's.

Not necessarily. There are multiple tiers of rate and BT offers. Let the OP answer please.

Message 4 of 17
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Citi DP is nothing special. I know I have one. Congrats on the approval. I would keep the card use it and take advantage of the hard free luv button when it appears under Tools.
Message 5 of 17
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

I have a DP card and would rather have it that the Platinum. You should be able to change easily,
Message 6 of 17
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:
I have a DP card and would rather have it that the Platinum. You should be able to change easily,

Go to a lot of concerts? I see very little difference between the cards surely not enough to take the chance of another inquiry and another new account reporting. Can you explain?

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Apr is 0% until Feb 2010 then 13.99% 

Again not the greatest but much better than my other cards.

Message 8 of 17
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

mainemedic wrote:

The Apr is 0% until Feb 2010 then 13.99% 

Again not the greatest but much better than my other cards.

Congrats, that's a nice deal! And $2K isn't shabby for Citi.

I remember when you first started here on the forums. Sounds like you've come a long way!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 9 of 17
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@smallfry wrote:

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

Go to a lot of concerts? I see very little difference between the cards surely not enough to take the chance of another inquiry and another new account reporting. Can you explain?

To get a product change? Not if I am driving the bus.

I like my DP card. It's a shame you don't. I guess I would only have to go to one concert, ever, for it to pay off since it costs nothing. Extra cash is a worthless benefit. Why not get a few small things you might use:

Private Pass® Access

Maybe you want to see the latest bands. Attend a sporting event up close. Meet your favorite musical artist or attend movie screenings and cultural events. With Private Pass, you’ll enjoy the opportunity to purchase presale tickets, preferred seating and more. Log on to the Private Pass website to see what we have available for you today. You can select from a wide variety of categories to enjoy, including golf, restaurants, nightclubs, shopping, sporting events, theater and other great events and experiences. Check out all your options at citiprivatepass.com.

Concierge Service

Count on your Diamond Preferred Concierge Service to take care of just about everything, from booking flights and hotel rooms to purchasing concert tickets or making restaurant reservations. No request is too big or too small when you have 24/7 access to personalized service anywhere in the world. For more information, call 1-800-741-5359 or visit citidiamondpreferred.vipdesk.com.

Money-Saving Discounts

As a Diamond Preferred /Diamond Preferred Rewards cardmember, you’ll enjoy valuable savings on a variety of items including gifts, apparel and more. So stay on the lookout for these special offers in your Diamond Preferred communications and at diamondpreferred.citicards.com.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.