cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Platinum Select Mastercard Approved!

tag
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: Citi Platinum Select Mastercard Approved!

@Anonymous wrote:

The Apr is 0% until Feb 2010 then 13.99% 

Again not the greatest but much better than my other cards.

Nice job! Congrats!

Citi can and will adjust your APR down in the future. You will have to ask them to look at it however. They also give out CLI via a potentially soft INQ luv button, so this is good!

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats, that's a nice deal! And $2K isn't shabby for Citi.

I remember when you first started here on the forums. Sounds like you've come a long way!

Yes, I sure have.  In fact this will be the first prime card I've ever had.    Years back I never really cared too much about my credit.  This site has certainly changed that Smiley Very Happy

Now, if can just get my wife's credit cleaned up.   I've made some headway but

there's still a long way to go.    

We want to buy a house but with her credit there's no way that's gong to happen at least not anytime soon.  It's tough because my scores are good enough but without her income there's no way we could swing it.

I'm thinking that it maybe a couple more years before we will be in a position where we can buy.   I hate to lose out on the $8,000.00 from the govt but there isn't much we can do. 

Message 12 of 17
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

OP what were your scores? # of inquiries? any baddies (how old)?
Message 13 of 17
wndrwmn78
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats, that's a nice deal! And $2K isn't shabby for Citi.

I remember when you first started here on the forums. Sounds like you've come a long way!

Yes, I sure have.  In fact this will be the first prime card I've ever had.    Years back I never really cared too much about my credit.  This site has certainly changed that Smiley Very Happy

Now, if can just get my wife's credit cleaned up.   I've made some headway but

there's still a long way to go.    

We want to buy a house but with her credit there's no way that's gong to happen at least not anytime soon.  It's tough because my scores are good enough but without her income there's no way we could swing it.

I'm thinking that it maybe a couple more years before we will be in a position where we can buy.   I hate to lose out on the $8,000.00 from the govt but there isn't much we can do. 

Try not to stress out over that $8000...we bought our house in November 2008, and got the $7500 LOAN paid back over 15 years at $500 a year. If we had closed 5 weeks later, we would have gotten the $8000 that does not have to be repaid. 

So by the time you're ready, they may be giving out $15,000. Smiley Indifferent (JK of course Smiley Happy I'm almost over my bitterness.

Starting Score: 670 EQ and 674 TU
Current Score: 670 EQ and 674 TU
Goal Score: 750 both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am so jealous that I didn't get approved for this card. I will retry again in 2010. This is the card I always wanted. They denied for having excessive inquiry. Isn't inquiry a part of everyone's application and everyone's looking for credit?
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditDrama85 wrote:
OP what were your scores? # of inquiries? any baddies (how old)?

It's been awhile since I've pulled my scores but last I knew my EX scores were around 710-720

Zero Baddies and three inquiries (Now four)  of which only one was recent March 2009 the rest are well over a year old.

Message 16 of 17
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

awesome. thanks for the info.
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.