Reply
Senior Contributor
Posts: 4,923
Registered: ‎04-19-2009
0

Re: Citi Platinum Select Mastercard Approved!


mainemedic wrote:

The Apr is 0% until Feb 2010 then 13.99% 

 

Again not the greatest but much better than my other cards.


Nice job! Congrats!

 

Citi can and will adjust your APR down in the future. You will have to ask them to look at it however. They also give out CLI via a potentially soft INQ luv button, so this is good!

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 297
Registered: ‎04-27-2008
0

Re: Citi Platinum Select Mastercard Approved!


haulingthescoreup wrote:

mainemedic wrote:

The Apr is 0% until Feb 2010 then 13.99% 

 

Again not the greatest but much better than my other cards.

 



Congrats, that's a nice deal! And $2K isn't shabby for Citi.

I remember when you first started here on the forums. Sounds like you've come a long way!

Yes, I sure have.  In fact this will be the first prime card I've ever had.    Years back I never really cared too much about my credit.  This site has certainly changed that :smileyvery-happy:

Now, if can just get my wife's credit cleaned up.   I've made some headway but

there's still a long way to go.    

 

We want to buy a house but with her credit there's no way that's gong to happen at least not anytime soon.  It's tough because my scores are good enough but without her income there's no way we could swing it.

I'm thinking that it maybe a couple more years before we will be in a position where we can buy.   I hate to lose out on the $8,000.00 from the govt but there isn't much we can do. 

 

 

Established Contributor
Posts: 1,050
Registered: ‎07-03-2007
0

Re: Citi Platinum Select Mastercard Approved!

OP what were your scores? # of inquiries? any baddies (how old)?
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 256
Registered: ‎04-16-2009
0

Re: Citi Platinum Select Mastercard Approved!


mainemedic wrote:

haulingthescoreup wrote:

mainemedic wrote:

The Apr is 0% until Feb 2010 then 13.99% 

 

Again not the greatest but much better than my other cards.

 



Congrats, that's a nice deal! And $2K isn't shabby for Citi.

I remember when you first started here on the forums. Sounds like you've come a long way!

Yes, I sure have.  In fact this will be the first prime card I've ever had.    Years back I never really cared too much about my credit.  This site has certainly changed that :smileyvery-happy:

Now, if can just get my wife's credit cleaned up.   I've made some headway but

there's still a long way to go.    

 

We want to buy a house but with her credit there's no way that's gong to happen at least not anytime soon.  It's tough because my scores are good enough but without her income there's no way we could swing it.

I'm thinking that it maybe a couple more years before we will be in a position where we can buy.   I hate to lose out on the $8,000.00 from the govt but there isn't much we can do. 

 

 


Try not to stress out over that $8000...we bought our house in November 2008, and got the $7500 LOAN paid back over 15 years at $500 a year. If we had closed 5 weeks later, we would have gotten the $8000 that does not have to be repaid. 

 

So by the time you're ready, they may be giving out $15,000. :smileyindifferent: (JK of course :smileyhappy: I'm almost over my bitterness.


Starting Score: 670 EQ and 674 TU
Current Score: 670 EQ and 674 TU
Goal Score: 750 both EQ and TU


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 401
Registered: ‎02-23-2009
0

Re: Citi Platinum Select Mastercard Approved!

I am so jealous that I didn't get approved for this card. I will retry again in 2010. This is the card I always wanted. They denied for having excessive inquiry. Isn't inquiry a part of everyone's application and everyone's looking for credit?
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 297
Registered: ‎04-27-2008
0

Re: Citi Platinum Select Mastercard Approved!


CreditDrama85 wrote:
OP what were your scores? # of inquiries? any baddies (how old)?

It's been awhile since I've pulled my scores but last I knew my EX scores were around 710-720

Zero Baddies and three inquiries (Now four)  of which only one was recent March 2009 the rest are well over a year old.

 

Established Contributor
Posts: 1,050
Registered: ‎07-03-2007
0

Re: Citi Platinum Select Mastercard Approved!

awesome. thanks for the info.
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.