Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Platinum Select Rejection & now Recon

tag
TheBronxBomber
Regular Contributor

Citi Platinum Select Rejection & now Recon

Two months ago, I applied for a Citi Platinum Select and was rejected because of errors on my credit report that made my score low. I cleaned up my credit and applied for a Citi Visa Signature and was approved with a CL of $10,500. I also applied for an AMEX Green and was approved and backdated to 1991. I received a call from Citi today and althogh they rejected me, they asked me to fax my Equifax credit report dated after Aug 8th, and they will make a decision on the Platinum Select card. I'm kind of torn. Since I was hit with a credit report pull already, I want the card. But, is the card necessary at this point, no. any thoughts???

Current myFICO Scores:03/08/12 EQ: 801 • TU: 801 • Bank of America TU FICO: 822 • Credit Karma Vantage: 873

My Wallet: Amex Business Platinum | Amex SPG (5k) | Amex Delta Reserve (33k) | Citi ThankYou Premier World MasterCard (26k) | Chase Mileage Club Visa Signature (15k)
Sock Drawer: Barclay Ring MasterCard (10k) | Discover More (6.5k) | CapitalOne VentureOne (4.5k) | Macy's | Amex Platinum Personal
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
suzook1
Frequent Contributor

Re: Citi Platinum Select Rejection & now Recon

so they rejected you, then approved you and then called back to try and recon another account. Doesnt that sound a little suspicious?

Message 2 of 4
Iincognito
Regular Contributor

@TheBronxBomber wrote:
Two months ago, I applied for a Citi Platinum Select and was rejected because of errors on my credit report that made my score low. I cleaned up my credit and applied for a Citi Visa Signature and was approved with a CL of $10,500. I also applied for an AMEX Green and was approved and backdated to 1991. I received a call from Citi today and although they rejected me, they asked me to fax my Equifax credit report dated after Aug 8th, and they will make a decision on the Platinum Select card. I'm kind of torn. Since I was hit with a credit report pull already, I want the card. But, is the card necessary at this point, no. any thoughts???

I would hesitate to send them a report as it may, and in my case did, cost another inquiry.

I was declined by Citi about 18-20 months ago and went to recon. The incorrectly reported adverse item on my credit report was removed and Citi asked me to fax a current report in for reconsideration. Needless to say, Citi found a different reason to decline my application and it cost me a second inquiry.

So, if you really don't need the credit, why risk another hard on your report unless you really want the card... ?

Message 3 of 4
tray
Valued Contributor

your already have the visa signature with citi now with a great credit limit that will report, personally I would let things be, congrats

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.