Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Platinum Select World M/C

tag
blacklotus
Regular Contributor

Citi Platinum Select World M/C

Just a follow-up.  I recently received my new World Platinum Select in the mail and yes it does say "WORLD" above the M/C symbol.

I would say that this is my most useful card.  When I opened it in 2009 I started with a 3k CL I just called Citi to ask for another auto CLI (no credit pull required) and it is now at over 7k CL.  After you reach 5k is when it is turned into a WORLD card.

I think my Fico scores were around the 680ish range when I opened this.  It was my first prime card.

TU Fico 736 EQ Fico 730 (December 2012)
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Woolfman
Established Contributor

Re: Citi Platinum Select World M/C

they tried doing the swap with me also. I refused. and they kept me with the reg plat card.  For what i understand the World card will not show your CL  on your report. Which is not something i wanted . My card is at 12.5k

Message 2 of 18
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Congrats...

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please, can anyone to confirm how this card is reported to cra for citi, after the upgrade.

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Please, can anyone to confirm how this card is reported to cra for citi, after the upgrade.

I second that notion! Who ever becomes the test rat "thank you!" 

Message 5 of 18
voidman
Established Contributor

I have Citi Dividend world master card,

The EQ does not show CL but only the charge I had made. The EQ says that I have a great debt to credit ratio so I guess with no CL my debt on citi card is not considered for util.

This I think this is a advantage, since Citi is my goto card now. I do most of the charging on the citi card while leave few hundreds on other cards. Because of that I have a very good util even though I have more debt. Smiley Very Happy  (This is only my oppinion, I would like to get a second oppinion if I am correct)

-void
Message 6 of 18
greekjim
Contributor

Did you just call the number listed on the back of your card?

EQ- 727 5/12/10
TU- 746 5/12/10
Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks voidman

Anyone?

Please, post your experience with this upgrade from CITI Platinum to WORLD and WORLD ELITE Mastercard.
Score, Total Util before and after upgrade, is FICO using this card for util on EQUIFAX, EXPERIAN OR TRANSUNION?
Many people will appreciate that.

Message 8 of 18
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

While World MCs and VISA Sigs do not count towards utilization, they do count towards your overall debt % Smiley Happy

===========
TU: 745(TU98) | EQ: 774 | EX: ? | NO BADDIES!
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Message 9 of 18
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

CITI World Mastercard Reporting

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.