Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Platinum Select and Citi Diamond Preferred cards

tag
BoSox617
Contributor

Citi Platinum Select and Citi Diamond Preferred cards

Hi all,

I'm interested in obtaining a credit card with no AF, 0% intro for purchases (not BTs).

The Citi Platinum Select and Citi Diamond Preferred cards each offer a 0% intro 18 month offer, no AF.  If any of you have any other suggestions, I would much appreciate it Smiley Happy

If anyone obtained either card (with excellent credit), how were their initial CLs compared to your other cards?  I’d like to know if they tend to compete with your existing limits, or if they generally start you off at some lower limit, and build up with positive history. 

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Platinum Select and Citi Diamond Preferred cards

@BoSox617 wrote:

Hi all,

I'm interested in obtaining a credit card with no AF, 0% intro for purchases (not BTs).

The Citi Platinum Select and Citi Diamond Preferred cards each offer a 0% intro 18 month offer, no AF.  If any of you have any other suggestions, I would much appreciate it Smiley Happy

If anyone obtained either card (with excellent credit), how were their initial CLs compared to your other cards?  I’d like to know if they tend to compete with your existing limits, or if they generally start you off at some lower limit, and build up with positive history. 

Thanks in advance!

I was just approved for the Citi Diamond.  My BK just feel off my reports and my Fico scores were in the 704-725 range.  My highest limit had been with US Bank at $2,500 and Citi gave me $3,600.  I know it's probably not the kind of credit line your looking for but they did go higher than my highest line.  Hope this helps.
Message 2 of 12
Settemio
Regular Contributor

Peaches, did it take 10 years for the BK to fall off? I was wondering if it happens right at 10 years or not. Mine says 3/2003 on my report

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Settemio wrote:

Peaches, did it take 10 years for the BK to fall off? I was wondering if it happens right at 10 years or not. Mine says 3/2003 on my report

I filed 3/2001 and it came off my EX on January 1, EQ on February 1, TU about the 15th of February.

Message 4 of 12
OnTheRebound
Established Contributor

After not having any credit of my own about 8 years, I recieved a preapproval from Citi for the Platinum Select MC. Instant online approval, $8700.00.

I was/am an AU on several of my wife's cards. Two of the highest were Chase $8014.00 CL and Lowes $10000.00 CL.

ETA: This was six months ago.

Amex BCE $11.1 / Citi Diamond Preferred WMC $12K / Citi Double Cash WMC $3.8K / Comenity Total Rewards Visa $2.5K / Citi Home Depot $5K / AU- Amex BCP $12K / Chase Freedom Visa $11014.00 / PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $6K / GE Lowes $10K
myFico Scores on 10/03/2014
Eq 798 / Exp 811 / Trans 814
CCT Fico 08 on 1/3/16 - Trans 786 / Exp 793 / Eq 797
Message 5 of 12
android01
Valued Contributor

I have the Diamond Preferred.  They pulled EX, and my score at the time was 752 (FICO).  AAoA is 12+ years.  CL was/is $11,700.  

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 6 of 12
BoSox617
Contributor

Thank you all very much for your feedback, I appreciate it Smiley Happy

I actually happened to receive an invitation to join in the mail today (for the Citi Diamond Preferred card).  The invitiation offers 0% for 15 months, but Citi's site offers it for 18.

I'll do a bit more research, and see if anyone else has any feedback to share.

Thanks again!

Message 7 of 12
vish1
Valued Contributor

@BoSox617 wrote:

Thank you all very much for your feedback, I appreciate it Smiley Happy

I actually happened to receive an invitation to join in the mail today (for the Citi Diamond Preferred card).  The invitiation offers 0% for 15 months, but Citi's site offers it for 18.

I'll do a bit more research, and see if anyone else has any feedback to share.

Thanks again!

Don't ever read city invitation in the mail as anything sensible. Most other banks send you a invite/pre approval based on some pre set credit criteria and you have a decent chance of approval. With city, they send you invite based on some strange criteria (nothing to do with credit). I got invites for citi AA visa signature when my credit history was 1 month old. This invite was probably because I took a few AA flights and agreed to receive promotional mails from their partners while signing up for AA Frequent Flier thing.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 8 of 12
BoSox617
Contributor

Thanks vish1, I realize that an invite does not guarantee an approval.

I meant my comment in a "what a funny coincidence" sort of way, rather than a "I've gotta be approved!  Yay!"  sort of way Smiley Wink

But thanks for looking out! Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 12
ficonightmare
Frequent Contributor

We have the Platinum Diviidend Select.

Don't remember what they started my hubby with but it's now 26k. It's also my favorite card. Hubby called a few months ago to get the APR lowerd. Went from 14.24 to 9.99 for six months. Was told if he doesn't like the rate after 6 months, to call back and they'll lower it again. I mean c'mon, what bank does that?!

Starting Score: 600s
Current Score: EQ 08 798 on 5/28/14, TU 792 on 5/27/4 via Barclay, EX 798 on 5/28/14
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.