Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Platinum Select to Citi Thank You -PC-

tag
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

Citi Platinum Select to Citi Thank You -PC-

I just did a PC on my Citi Platinum Select to Citi Thank You Premier.

My question is, would I be getting CLI?

My Platinum Select is only 3k CI.

Thank You and btw, no credit pull or anything.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
scientifics
Frequent Contributor

Re: Citi Platinum Select to Citi Thank You -PC-

They usually don't do auto CLIs...if you want a CLI on your new card you'll have to ask.

Message 2 of 6
CreditEd
Regular Contributor

@scientifics wrote:

They usually don't do auto CLIs...if you want a CLI on your new card you'll have to ask.

Hi OP. What benefits do you see in the Thankyou over the platinum card? I was considering closing or changing my Thankyou card, but many on the forum find it a very usefull tool? I see the rewards, but don't know how to get cash from it. And I need to get my CL bumped or need to leverage the card to increase another card CL.

thx

NPSL              $25k            $25k              $23k              $22k               $16k              $12k              $10k            $6.5k
Message 3 of 6
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@CreditEd wrote:

@scientifics wrote:

Hi OP. What benefits do you see in the Thankyou over the platinum card? I was considering closing or changing my Thankyou card, but many on the forum find it a very usefull tool? I see the rewards, but don't know how to get cash from it. And I need to get my CL bumped or need to leverage the card to increase another card CL.

thx

Hi,

Personally, I think the rewards on the Platinum Select are great. I am sitting at about $300 and nothing to buy that I want. If I want $50 gift card, I only save $5.00 and that is still $45.00 out of my pocket. They really don't offer the card anymore, the MC version.  I decided to get something newer. I chose the Premier over the perfered because of the extra stuff that came with it...

Also, the recon rep told me that I can switch to any product that I want. They even offer me the one with $500 AF, I was like no. The switching take 45 days to give you a chance to change your mind. You will get your card in 8-10 days after the call. You keep your old history.

I hope that will help.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 4 of 6
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@CreditEd wrote:

You have two ways to get cash out of ThankYou rewards. Go to ThankYou reward website and,

* Redeem points for statement credit or checks, usually net you 0.7% return.

* Redeem it for high value gift card such as Walmart. Sell the gift card to Plastic Jungle/Cardpool in conjunction of Top Cash Back. Nets you around 0.9% return.

Message 5 of 6
CreditEd
Regular Contributor

Thanks guys. Every bit of info helps!!! I did a bit of research and I thought I saw that the Premier also gives a domestic companion ticket? Not sure if this makes things worthwhile??? I don't seem to find a need for the points that Citi offers based on the things that I'm interested in. But they have helped me a great deal in my build.

NPSL              $25k            $25k              $23k              $22k               $16k              $12k              $10k            $6.5k
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.