Senior Contributor

Re: Citi Platinum Select

That's a nice starting limit. Congrats.

Message 11 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Holy Smokes!

I wish I could get them to bump up my limit to anything like that.  I have a $630 limit on mine.  My scores are EQ 656 TU 648.

Message 12 of 27
armymom
Regular Contributor

Congratulations!!  Nice CL!  I app'd for this card last week and recieved a $1200 cl with 7 mo 0% APR.Smiley Happy  It wasn't the 12 mo I was hoping for but I'm  happy with what I was given.

Filed BK 07/07/15 Discharged 10/07/15
Starting scores 11/2015 EQ 567 TU 487 EX 531
Current scores 02/2017 EQ 649, TU 642, EX 651

Cap 1 QS 5000 Cap 1 QS 6500, PenFed Promise 2500, NFCU GoRewards 8000 NFCU CLOC 4000
In the garden until 2018
Message 13 of 27
gymbo731
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Got instantly approved for this card online with $8,300  initial CL.

I am thinking very hard on whether or not I should I apply for this card. What was your credit portfolio like if you don't mind? Any badies? Credit util? Inq? Income?

Does anyone know what is required or not to get a citi select plat? Anything they don't like inparticular?

THANKS!

Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 27
gymbo731
Regular Contributor

bump

Anyone? What was your credit portfolio like to get this card? Util????

Message 15 of 27
jefftca925
Established Contributor

I was just approved for this card over a week ago with a $4200 limit...12 mo. 0% interest.  Pulled EX.  Oldest card reporting 28 yrs and AAoA is 3.5 yrs.  I had 3 inqs in the last 12 mos., none in the last 6.  EX Fico around 780 I believe (per Chase it's between 790-799..whatever that means).  I wanted it for the 0% financing (if needed) as I have two cars that need some work.  But honestly...I like the card so far.  The Extra Cash feature looks pretty cool and they sent the card really quick...in 5 days after app was submitted and approved.  I typically PIF all of my accounts as I don't like owing money.  I'll probably do the same with this account too.

Hopefully this will be a great card.  I have 3 cards with Chase that the limits have gone nowhere in 2 years.  I use them because I like the rewards (old Freedom card, PerfectCard, and a recently converted Freedom w/Ultimate Rewards)  Plus Chase has been great with potential fraud issues.  2 Christmas' ago someone had gotten ahold of my card number and tried running up a $2k bill.  They flagged it immediately...put a hold on the account...and contacted me that afternoon.  I was very impressed.

CCs: Chase Freedom VS 12.9k, CSP VISA Sg 13k, BofA Amex 24.5k, Discover 12.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 17k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom VS 10k, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR VS 5k, Amex BCP 13.5k, Amex ED 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 8k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR VS 44.6k, Chase Hyatt VS 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 7.5k, BBVA Visa 4k, WF VS 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 16.3k, C1 QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 15k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Arrival WEMC 10k, Ebates VS 8k, Orbitz VS 12k, NASA V 30k, USBk FP VS 21.5k, DC 30k, VirgAm 15k, Sams MC 15k, Amex Bz Gold, Amex SC 10k, BofW Bz MC 18k
Message 16 of 27
slarano
Frequent Contributor

I just app'd tonight and was approved instantly with an initial $1800 CL. 7 mo. no interest for purchases/balance transfers. Not quite the limit or BT offer I was hoping for, but it's better than nothing. I will be using it to place a dent in the balance of a Chase card I have, and will pay it down in full before the offer is over. Finally a good BT offer I can use.

ImageImageImage

Message 17 of 27
gymbo731
Regular Contributor

Cool. Glad to know plp are getting approved. What was your total cc util like? Mine is 53% and I don't think i would get approved.

Message 18 of 27
Woolfman
Established Contributor

i got a preapproval letter in the mail from them a about six or so months ago . My AAOA was about one year . plenty of inquiries , util about 25% and some how i snuck away with a 12.5k CL . My largest one before that was 5k and it had about 4k balance on it. scores were in the mid 600's

Message 19 of 27
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@Woolfman wrote:

i got a preapproval letter in the mail from them a about six or so months ago . My AAOA was about one year . plenty of inquiries , util about 25% and some how i snuck away with a 12.5k CL . My largest one before that was 5k and it had about 4k balance on it. scores were in the mid 600's

WOW! That is huge.Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.