Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Platinum select phase out?

tag
minimock
Frequent Contributor

Citi Platinum select phase out?

Hello,

Wondering if they are phasing out the Platinum plus or Im just getting a raise or what  Smiley Happy

Got a letter in the mail said they are changing my platinum select to diamond preferred with chip to ( "Better fit my lifestyle")  my life style is living in the middle of the dessert LOL, I dont know how this better fits my lifestyle.

Anyways just wondering if this Is this a good/bad or indifferent thing? Or as mentioned, they are phasing out the Platinum select.

Anyone else getting these?

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
jellowslr

Re: Citi Platinum select phase out?

I got the same letter. Is this a step up or down......I can't tell from their web site. 

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi has phased out several cards in the last year. They started phasing out the Citi Platinum Select February 2013 and transitioning people to the Citi Diamond Preferred which has several more travel oriented benefits. You could receive your new card product and call Citi and see if there is another product you would prefer. I p/c'd from the Citi Diamond Preferred to another product. You may want to consider the options. Products available to you will vary with your Citi experiences. Note they did not HP me to do the p/c.
Message 3 of 5
colinstu
Regular Contributor

Are these the Dividend Platinum Select or non-Dividend? Did these cards have no rewards before? 

FICOs: TU 775 | EQ 784 | EX 773
Amex BCE $15,000 | Discover IT $11,600 | Chase Freedom $7,000 (Visa Sig) | Citi DoubleCash $6,000 (WEMC) | Chase AARP $6,000 | Barclaycard CashForward $4,000 | Barclaycard Rewards $2,000 | Capital One Quicksilver $1,750
Message 4 of 5
minimock
Frequent Contributor

From what I have been able to tell, about the only thing of extra value is the chip LOL.

I travel alot, so that is good, other then that, it is a nicer looking card, same CL.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.