Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Pre Approval

tag
NYFan63
Established Contributor

Citi Pre Approval

In the past few months, I have been checking Citi's pre-approval site and they would always say "Couldnt find any offers...but you may be interested..." yadda yadda...so tonight on a whim I went to the pre approval and I chose the travel card.  Instead of saying couldnt find any offers, the Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage World Mastercard came up!!!!! I know these pre-approval sites can be hit or miss - I was hoping for the Citi Hilton Honors...I then did the same and when the asked for which type of card, I chose "Not Sure" - the Citi Simplicity Card came up!!! 

Has anyone else experienced and what are my chances?  Would love to get a Citi Hilton card as I travel every week and stay at one of their properties..

Thanks!

Penfed Platinum Sig Visa $33k, PenFed PLOC $25k, NFCU Cash VISA Sig 22k, NFCU Visa Flagship 22k, CAP1 Venture $23k, CAP1 Venture One $15k, NFCU NAV Check $15k, Barclays Arrival $13,2k, DCU VISA 5k, Cap1 QS 7.5k, WF Finance 3.5k, Merrick 2.2k, Barclays Apple Financing 6.1k BestBuy 5k >Ch7 BK filed 8/09; DC 01/10 EQ 636 Nov 13;
EQ08 718 | TU 731 | EXP 728
Inqs: EQ 11, TU 8, EXP 11(last 2 yrs)
Goal 750+ In the Garden til

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Citi Pre Approval

I'm overly cautious with any negatives reporting, but with the BK reporting 5yrs ago I would be reluctant to app with Citi.  They did approve me with a 6 year old paid judgement reporting (they mailed me a "personalized offer").  Do you have many inquiries or new accts?

Message 2 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I actually did it about 2 minutes ago and chose "didn't know" on what kind of card I want and I still got couldn't find offers.

Citi has always been a pretty big stickler on BK's when it's not the co-branded cards so I'm not sure!

Message 3 of 6
NYFan63
Established Contributor

Thanks!  I have 3 new accounts this year - Barclays Arrival, NFCU Cash Rewards and DCU VIsa - with approx 4-5 INQ's in each CRA...

Penfed Platinum Sig Visa $33k, PenFed PLOC $25k, NFCU Cash VISA Sig 22k, NFCU Visa Flagship 22k, CAP1 Venture $23k, CAP1 Venture One $15k, NFCU NAV Check $15k, Barclays Arrival $13,2k, DCU VISA 5k, Cap1 QS 7.5k, WF Finance 3.5k, Merrick 2.2k, Barclays Apple Financing 6.1k BestBuy 5k >Ch7 BK filed 8/09; DC 01/10 EQ 636 Nov 13;
EQ08 718 | TU 731 | EXP 728
Inqs: EQ 11, TU 8, EXP 11(last 2 yrs)
Goal 750+ In the Garden til

Message 4 of 6
js0319
Established Contributor

I tried the same thing a few days ago, and the Diamond Preferred and Simplicity came up. I think they are trying to push the Simplicity right now based on some of the marketing I've seen on the website. 

AMEX PRG - NPSL I AMEX Everyday Preferred - $34.8k I Capital One Venture - $20k I Chase Sapphire Preferred - $25.5k I Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier - $20.7k I Barclay Arrival + - $10k I Capital One Quicksilver - $10k I NFCU Flagship Rewards Visa Signature - $15k I NASA FCU - $10k I Texell FCU Visa - $5k I Chase Freedom - $9.9k I Citi Double Cash - $7.8k I Discover IT - $5k I NFCU CLOC - $15k I Total Unsecured Credit - $188,700

EQ FICO - 714 (5/24/16) I TU FICO - 772 (5/24/16) I EX FICO - 770 (5/24/16)
Message 5 of 6
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

The problem with Citi is...well, it's Citi.  You never know if they're in a giving mood or not and they are very difficult with recon, so I would probably pass.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.