Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Pre-Qual - Something isn't right

tag
dapps06
Frequent Contributor

Citi Pre-Qual - Something isn't right

A month or so ago I had my first ever pre-approval for a Citi card when I checked the pre-qual page on their site. I also received several mailers from them for their DC card with an interest rate of 20+ percent after the intro period.

Today I checked their site again and I have five card offers, all with interest rates less than 15 percent, one, the Diamond Preferred card, as 12.24 percent. I moved some debt around with balance transfers but that hasn't hit my credit reports yet, and nothing else on my reports is different. Can someone check their pre-qual page to see if your offers are better than  usual, something just doesn't add up. I think this is some kind of error.

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Pre-Qual - Something isn't right

I just checked and I still get the same offer as always - NOTHING!! So it seems to be working fine Smiley LOL

Message 2 of 11
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just checked and I still get the same offer as always - NOTHING!! So it seems to be working fine Smiley LOL

+ 1

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the DC already, but no pre-quals for me there...as usual.

Message 4 of 11
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Lol 

Check the link to the GC I'm sure you have offers waiting Smiley Tongue

Offers for fetilizer, mulch and a new pair of gloves ....Smiley LOL

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@myjourney wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Lol 

Ha ha, I check the GC pre-qual daily - I'm always pre-approved there Smiley Tongue I've been in the garden for 10 months now and Citi still doesn't want me Smiley Sad It's ok though, I'm playing hard to get for a few more months anyway Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 11
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Lol 

Ha ha, I check the GC pre-qual daily - I'm always pre-approved there Smiley Tongue I've been in the garden for 10 months now and Citi still doesn't want me Smiley Sad It's ok though, I'm playing hard to get for a few more months anyway Smiley Wink

I love your answer ....perfect Heart

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 7 of 11
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I get nothing as always with me but they always seem to approve me for a card though....Just got approved for the Hilton, AAdvantage and Thank you Prestige cards though in the last 4 months 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nothing for me as well....ony suggestions for 5 other cards that I may lke, that I can apply for.

Message 9 of 11
dapps06
Frequent Contributor

Hmm well it seems it's working as usual then. Strange because I can't begin to understand how only a month ago the interest rate was well over 20 percent, and now it's down near 12 percent, bizarre.

I'm not even going to apply for a card because I'll probably only get a 1k limit, maybe 2k. I just check these things every so often to see what kind of offers are out there for me.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.