Super Contributor

Re: Citi Pre Qualifier Site/Double Cash Card

@lobsterfordinner wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@lobsterfordinner wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@lobsterfordinner wrote:

@MrCredit wrote:

I tried their pre qualifier site to see if their Double Cash card would come up, I did not want to waste an INQ. It says they can't match my records with any prequalified offers but suggested the double cash. Is that standard for I do not qualify for anything?

I actually just went to the prequalified site and I selected "cash back" preference but I got an offer for the thankyou premier card.

Note: I got my last Citi credit card approved < 3 months ago and my last inquiry (on Experian) was today.

When I tried to use that "pre-qualified tool" again it tells me I wasn't qualified for any ... I guess their website only shows the offer once.

just for a data point here, i have tried it multiple times, but only shows up when i pick cash back option, if I pick not sure. It will pick all the TYP cards like TYP, Premier, Prestige etc. Also will show me an bunch of BT cards. 

Interesting ... I guess we have to write a letter to Citi's website developers.

Anyways, the Citi website now won't show me any offers at all!!!

I just checked it again to make sure i got this message you're Pre-Qualified to apply for the following credit card offers. See below for 4 additional offer(s).

Was the double cash card Thank you preferred, Thank you premeir, Citi aa and Citi hilton. I asked for cash back cards mind you and 4 of them aren't even cash back cards.

I think they may be pushing cards at me because i am not an citi customer presently.  

Haha probably

And ... Nope I tried all of them again doesn't work damn this is funny

maybe they picked up my new chase sapphire account as well as an inquiry around the midnight mark?

I don't really know , how many inq do you have and util and all that  other stuff , my score is decent so maybe thats why i was targeted, but i don't have any of their cards so i think thats an major factor. Another thing  i noticed about my pre qualified offer is that 22.99 apr after 15 month 0% apr not too thrilled with that APR. 

I think thats the same reason why i don't get any amex pre qual offers is because i have one of their cards already. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 21 of 50
lobsterfordinner
Established Member

@mongstradamus wrote:

@lobsterfordinner wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@lobsterfordinner wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@lobsterfordinner wrote:

@MrCredit wrote:

I tried their pre qualifier site to see if their Double Cash card would come up, I did not want to waste an INQ. It says they can't match my records with any prequalified offers but suggested the double cash. Is that standard for I do not qualify for anything?

I actually just went to the prequalified site and I selected "cash back" preference but I got an offer for the thankyou premier card.

Note: I got my last Citi credit card approved < 3 months ago and my last inquiry (on Experian) was today.

When I tried to use that "pre-qualified tool" again it tells me I wasn't qualified for any ... I guess their website only shows the offer once.

just for a data point here, i have tried it multiple times, but only shows up when i pick cash back option, if I pick not sure. It will pick all the TYP cards like TYP, Premier, Prestige etc. Also will show me an bunch of BT cards. 

I just checked it again to make sure i got this message you're Pre-Qualified to apply for the following credit card offers. See below for 4 additional offer(s).

Was the double cash card Thank you preferred, Thank you premeir, Citi aa and Citi hilton. I asked for cash back cards mind you and 4 of them aren't even cash back cards.

I think they may be pushing cards at me because i am not an citi customer presently.  

Haha probably

maybe they picked up my new chase sapphire account as well as an inquiry around the midnight mark?

I don't really know , how many inq do you have and util and all that  other stuff , my score is decent so maybe thats why i was targeted, but i don't have any of their cards so i think thats an major factor. 

I think thats the same reason why i don't get any amex pre qual offers is because i have one of their cards already. 

That's a lot of quotes haha

I don't have any Amex cards and they never prequalify me for any of their cards (that's also one of the reasons I don't want to pull the trigger)

I guess my credit file is too young for them

Currently a grad student, and in my wallet there exists my only 4 credit cards: Barclay Arrival+ 56k / Chase Sapphire Pref 68.2k / Citi Prestige 45k / Merrill Accolades 175k ; my student id card and a couple two-dollar bills.
Message 22 of 50
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@lobsterfordinner wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@lobsterfordinner wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@lobsterfordinner wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@lobsterfordinner wrote:

@MrCredit wrote:

Haha probably

I don't really know , how many inq do you have and util and all that  other stuff , my score is decent so maybe thats why i was targeted, but i don't have any of their cards so i think thats an major factor. 

I don't have any Amex cards and they never prequalify me for any of their cards (that's also one of the reasons I don't want to pull the trigger)

have you pulled your fico score recently i don't think people in mid 600 range are seeing offer but i am not sure about that. I don't understand how some people see nice signup bonus offers and others don't. its quite annoying. 

Message 23 of 50
lobsterfordinner
Established Member

@mongstradamus wrote:

@lobsterfordinner wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@lobsterfordinner wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@lobsterfordinner wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@lobsterfordinner wrote:

@MrCredit wrote:

Haha probably

have you pulled your fico score recently i don't think people in mid 600 range are seeing offer but i am not sure about that. I don't understand how some people see nice signup bonus offers and others don't. its quite annoying. 

I've pulled all three right after I got approved for the CSP today.

Two inquiries on TU and EX, none on EQ.

Utilization below 10%. Accounts the same, except Discover only shows up on TU (it's my lowest limit anyway and I don't use it, doesn't matter)

Currently a grad student, and in my wallet there exists my only 4 credit cards: Barclay Arrival+ 56k / Chase Sapphire Pref 68.2k / Citi Prestige 45k / Merrill Accolades 175k ; my student id card and a couple two-dollar bills.
Message 24 of 50
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

I am not sure why it wouldn't show up, did you make sure you put in can rewards for card type. If I don't put that in then I only get rewards or balance transfer cards

Message 25 of 50
lobsterfordinner
Established Member

@mongstradamus wrote:

I am not sure why it wouldn't show up, did you make sure you put in can rewards for card type. If I don't put that in then I only get rewards or balance transfer cards

I've tried every single option there.

I guess that doesn't matter since I'm not interested applying for a Citi card any time soon.

Message 26 of 50
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@MrCredit wrote:

I wouldn't put too much stock in the pre-qualifier.   They never came up for me on Citi, even though Citi sent me a pre-approval for TYP to my parents' address.

I was instantly approved tonight for $1200 and the yucky 22.99% APR after 15 month 0% period.   They pulled EX and my score was 680;  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 27 of 50
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

I wouldn't say I am interested , but I am intrigued. I am debating on whether to apply for it when I go for Sallie Mae in October.

Message 28 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was instantly approved tonight for $3,000 and the yucky 22.99% APR after 15 month 0% period.   They pulled EQ and my score was 707 (My lowest of the 3).  

Message 29 of 50
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@MrCredit wrote:

I wouldn't put too much stock in the pre-qualifier.   They never came up for me on Citi, even though Citi sent me a pre-approval for TYP to my parents' address.

I was instantly approved tonight for $1200 and the yucky 22.99% APR after 15 month 0% period.   They pulled EX and my score was 680;  

Grats . on pre qualified page I saw that gross 22.99% Apr I don't know if I would want that. Was it a MasterCard or visa?

Message 30 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.