Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Pre-qual

tag
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Citi Pre-qual

Just got three offers from citi today. Seems like wasted marketing money, three separate envelopes.

Simplicity

AA Advantage WMC

&

TY Preferred (already have it, why send the offer?)

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Re: Citi Pre-qual

@Dustink wrote:

Just got three offers from citi today. Seems like wasted marketing money, three separate envelopes.

Simplicity

AA Advantage WMC

&

They sent me those 3 times now, the 2nd two times were only 4 days apart...

Come to think of it, its almost time for another set of 3 to arrive. Maybe I should get a Citi card.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 2 of 23
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

Lol. When I'd got my Diamond Preferred I got offers for it afterward for like 3 months.

I've still get Cap 1 offer same offer same card I already have. Had it awhile.
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 3 of 23
93stallion302

I got the same three offers in the mail today. But doubled I had a total of six envelopes each card twice. Mind you I applied for and was given the Ty pref and simplicity less than a month ago. I guess they are making enough money to waste a few sheets of paper. Lol

Gardening Until 3/31/14
Message 4 of 23
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

Simplicity

AA Advantage WMC

&

I agree, it really does! My SO receives a fat envelope for a pre-qual Thank You card EVERY WEEK. Let alone wasted marketing money, all those trees....

What I recommend people do (and so does the economy savers) is send the blank envelope which is marked "no postage nesccessary if mailed in US" back to Citi. Citi pays for the postage and this helps the USPS which is going bankrupt.

Message 5 of 23
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@SuperKirby wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

Simplicity

AA Advantage WMC

&

I agree, it really does! My SO receives a fat envelope for a pre-qual Thank You card EVERY WEEK. Let alone wasted marketing money, all those trees....

What I recommend people do (and so does the economy savers) is send the blank envelope which is marked "no postage nesccessary if mailed in US" back to Citi. Citi pays for the postage and this helps the USPS which is going bankrupt.

Ah, I like.

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 6 of 23
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

@SuperKirby wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

Simplicity

AA Advantage WMC

&

Ah, I like.

Yeah, I read it on an article on "top ways to help the economy little-by-little" a few years ago. If almost every household does that it would really help out. Unfortunately the USPS is going bankrupt at a very fast rate. Hopefully things will turn around. Just keep sending those blank envelopes back.

Message 7 of 23
enharu
Super Contributor

Sending blank envelopes back may help but its not going to be enough to revive usps. In order to be profitable and sustainable on its own, they need to raise postage prices significantly, which on the other hand is a touchy subject amongst politicians.

45 cents to ship an envelope across the whole country in 3-5 business days? That's about 1/10 of what ups would charge.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 8 of 23
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Yeah, I read it on an article on "top ways to help the economy little-by-little" a few years ago. If almost every household does that it would really help out. Unfortunately the USPS is going bankrupt at a very fast rate. Hopefully things will turn around. Just keep sending those blank envelopes back.

I just wonder if it costs the USPS more to ship the empty envelope than their pre-negotiated rate. Hard to fathom there is any profit in sending something thousands of miles for under $0.50. Hopefully since the routes are already in place. Higher volume means profit.

Message 9 of 23
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@enharu wrote:
Sending blank envelopes back may help but its not going to be enough to revive usps. In order to be profitable and sustainable on its own, they need to raise postage prices significantly, which on the other hand is a touchy subject amongst politicians.

45 cents to ship an envelope across the whole country in 3-5 business days? That's about 1/10 of what ups would charge.

Seems like we were thinking the same thing.

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.