Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Pre-selector = offers in mail

tag
mountainmom
Frequent Contributor

Citi Pre-selector = offers in mail

Hubby's score are now around 750-760. He only has a Cap One and then AU on several of my cards, plus an installment loan. So we've been playing with pre-selector sites just to get an idea of what he would be approved for. Haven't apped him for anything as I have a ton of new stuff and we really don't need new credit right now. But, I was suprised today to have THREE envelopes from Citi for him due to the pre-selector results.

Offer 1 - Citi Simplicity

0% 12 months purchases, 0% 18 months BT, then 12.99%

Offer 2 - Citi Aadvantage

35,000 miles with 1500 spend

15.24% interest

$95 af, waived year one

Offer 3- Citi Thank You Preferred

7500 points with $500 spend

0% 12 months purchases and BT, then 14.99%

The TY offer isn't as good as what I got, 20,000 points with $1500 spend, and I got longer 0% term, but my rate is 17.99%.

Not sure we'll accept any of these, but the offers are good until the end of December. Pretty cool to get the offer terms before applying!

Eq 702 TU 707 Exp 718
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Knight718

Re: Citi Pre-selector = offers in mail

I got those same exact letters in the mail today with the same exact offers of points/APR.

Message 2 of 10
mountainmom
Frequent Contributor

I wonder if they've always sent out these offers in response to the pre-selector? I don't recall reading about it on here before.

Eq 702 TU 707 Exp 718
Message 3 of 10
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

@mountainmom wrote:

I wonder if they've always sent out these offers in response to the pre-selector? I don't recall reading about it on here before.

They must because the last to time I checked citi for preapprovals I got 3 letters from them a week latter all three the same as OP.  Offer was I liitle better though I guess because I already have two cards with them and a banking relationship. 

Message 4 of 10
bahbahd
Established Contributor

Their pre-selector does put you into their next round of marketing mailing.

Message 5 of 10
mountainmom
Frequent Contributor

Does anyone know if any other companies do this? Seems nice to have offers in hand before pulling the trigger.

Eq 702 TU 707 Exp 718
Message 6 of 10
lkcrew426
Regular Contributor

I did the preselector on DH a few weeks back and got a preselected mailer today for the Thank You Preferred. Pulled the trigger online & it was an instant for $8k.

Considering his only credit line above $3500 is NFCU at $10k . . . that was deserving of some chocolate to celebrate Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 10
mountainmom
Frequent Contributor

I noticed on citi application for income it had the verbiage for age over 21 you may include others income you have reasonable access to. This may be a good route for dh as I make double his income but we have all joint banking.

Eq 702 TU 707 Exp 718
Message 8 of 10
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

Don't apply for that Citi AAdvantage offer.  There is a 50K bonus out there with fee waived first year, thought it may require $3K spend.  In general, make sure you search around the net before any credit card offer.  A lot of companies experiment with various different offers to see what will entice people to apply.  You should run some searches before pullign the trigger to make sure you are getting the best available offer.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 10
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Ive not used their pre-selector before but I have been getting offers in the mail for their simplicity and TY card.  I tried their selector today and have the following offers:

Citi Simplicity® Card

Enjoy 0% Intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 21 months. After that, the variable APR will be 11.99

Citi ThankYou® Preferred Card

20k points after 1.5k spend (the mailings I get are for 30k points) 0% APR 15 months then 12.99

Citi® Platinum Select® / AAdvantage® World MasterCard®

50k Miles after 3k spend/3months with 15.24% APR

Citi® Diamond Preferred® Card

0% APR 21 months then 11.99

Citi® Dividend Platinum Select® Visa® Card

$150 cash back after 1k/3 monts, 0% APR for 14 months then 12.99

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.