cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Premier - 3 months from when (spending bonus)

tag
techiegirl
Regular Contributor

Citi Premier - 3 months from when (spending bonus)

I was approved for the Citibank Premier 3 weeks ago.  It was instant approval, but I still have not received the card yet.  With the 50k point bonus, is it $3000 spending in 3 months from activation or approval?  Since I have not received the card yet, it looks like I'll have to spend $3000 in 2 months.  

I've tried several calls to Citi and keep getting excuses and they keep telling me I need to wait for the card.  

FICO: EQ - 809 TU- 808 EX - 797
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Premier - 3 months from when (spending bonus)

Did you get a letter with your apr welcoming you?
Message 2 of 12
techiegirl
Regular Contributor

Yes. The letter was dated July 14, over 10 days ago. 

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's crazy. I got my letter today. I figured I would get the card next week. Maybe that isn't gonna happen.

Hope yours comes soon.
Message 4 of 12
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Citi will likely give you a salad of answers to this question based on who picks up the phone. I would use the date of approval just to be completely certain.
Message 5 of 12
happypill
Valued Contributor

That sucks, especially if you're waiting to put something big on the card as part of the inital spend.  If you do get them to give you an anwer, try to get them to put it in an email or chat log at least.

Message 6 of 12
jason86423
Frequent Contributor

Give them a call.. they'll Next Day air a new card for you.  I had the same issue with mine that I just received.   Approved July 3rd, received approval emails and letters and no card. 

They overnighted a replacement card and then two days later the original card showed up.   Took over 2 weeks to receive it from when they said it shipped (by priority mail originally)

The bonus period starts from date of approval is what I was told by customer service.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you get an email saying the card has been shipped?
Message 8 of 12
Kostya1992
Established Contributor

90 days from date of inquiry. Call and request them to overnight it, they'll do it for free.

TU08 FICO850
EX08 FICO850
EQ08 FICO850

Message 9 of 12
techiegirl
Regular Contributor

They said the (original) card was mailed on the 15th.  I can't imagine it wouldn't get here in 10 days, even for regular mail.  

I called them and they will overnight a replacement.  I should receive it in 2-3 days.  Still, it's frustrating since I don't have the full 3 months to spend the $3000.

Thanks for the answer everyone.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.